IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 04-13-2018, 03:10 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "He's already lobbying to play in the..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
He's already lobbying to play in the NFCE. There's only one reigning Super Bowl Champion playing in that division, so you can guess what his preference is.

How he'd fit in as a WR4, I have no idea. But I have no concerns on the locker room cancer front. None whatsoever. I have absolute faith in this coach and the leadership of this team to handle any ego.
If he came to the Eagles I don't see how it would be on anything more than a prove-it deal. Maybe multi-year like Smith had, but no long term risk.

I made it pretty clear earlier I don't care much about the sentimentality aspects. I want the Eagles to dominate. I hate the Patriots second only to the Cowboys and I was more than happy to see Long and Blount help the Eagles.

If Roseman and Pederson think they can get him cheap to help them out and stick it to the Cowboys in 2018 I'm fine with it. Also, given that Jeffery may miss some time he could be useful early in the season.

Last edited by TerpEagle; 04-13-2018 at 03:10 PM.
TerpEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:16 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "He's already lobbying to play in the..."
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
But I have no concerns on the locker room cancer front. None whatsoever. I have absolute faith in this coach and the leadership of this team to handle any ego.
I agree with this which is why, in theory, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for a year. I don't think the guy has been in any real trouble since earlier in his career. He's a jacka$$ but he's not an Odell Beckham type jacka$$. In reality though, we're fine at WR. I really don't think we need him. For a WR4 I'd rather give a younger, non ex-Cowboy, a chance.
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:20 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Level of agreement: 1000 percent. If..."
RSE
Señor Counsel

DeMarco Murray
Miles Austin
Chris Boniol
Darren Smith (1997 Andy Harmon/Chris T. Jones/Jamie Asher Memorial Award winner)
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "DeMarco Murray Miles Austin Chris..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSE View Post
DeMarco Murray
Miles Austin
Chris Boniol
Darren Smith (1997 Andy Harmon/Chris T. Jones/Jamie Asher Memorial Award winner)
Cockaroach signings never work out.

DeRoacho !
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:29 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Cockaroach signings never work out. ..."
RSE
Señor Counsel

I simply can’t believe any Eagles fan would entertain signing Bryant. Some things you can’t be rational or unemotional about. He’s a cockroach and I draw the line.

Name one roach the Eagles signed who worked out. One. The stink of Dallas is almost as bad as the stink of Chip (a believer in cockroach talent as we know).
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:31 PM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "If he came to the Eagles I don't see..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpEagle View Post
If he came to the Eagles I don't see how it would be on anything more than a prove-it deal. Maybe multi-year like Smith had, but no long term risk.

I made it pretty clear earlier I don't care much about the sentimentality aspects. I want the Eagles to dominate. I hate the Patriots second only to the Cowboys and I was more than happy to see Long and Blount help the Eagles.

If Roseman and Pederson think they can get him cheap to help them out and stick it to the Cowboys in 2018 I'm fine with it. Also, given that Jeffery may miss some time he could be useful early in the season.
The sticking it the Cowboys aspect has definite appeal. I don't see the fit, but I didn't build the best team in the NFL last year. If Lord of the Rings Howie sees a use for him and can make it work financially, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited about that.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:33 PM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "I agree with this which is why, in..."
Ellsworth

why are we debating a former cockroach?

YOU DON'T SIGN THEM, EVER!! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S RANDY WHITE COMING OFF HIS ROOKIE SEASON.

NO!!!

WIRE!!!

HANGERS!!!!

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-13-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:33 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "I simply can’t believe any Eagles fan..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSE View Post
I simply can’t believe any Eagles fan would entertain signing Bryant. Some things you can’t be rational or unemotional about. He’s a cockroach and I draw the line.

Name one roach the Eagles signed who worked out. One. The stink of Dallas is almost as bad as the stink of Chip (a believer in cockroach talent as we know).
Herschel Walker.
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:39 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Herschel Walker."
Ellsworth

you couldn't be more incorrect.

Hershel's cockroach stank presence not only robbed us of any chance to win a super bowl in the 1992-93 season but also caused God to tell Reggie to go to Green Bay that offseason rather than play in Philly with a cockroach Dallass Cowboy.

Those are the facts and they are indisputable!

Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM  
Ellsworth

I hope to God the foreskins sign him.
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:41 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "I simply can’t believe any Eagles fan..."
JuTMSY4

uhhh...Amendola?
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:43 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Herschel Walker."
RSE
Señor Counsel

Walker was a Viking when the Eagles signed him and at worst an ex-roach.

And yes I know Austin was in Cleveland before he came to Phila. Again some matters transcend rational unemotional thought.
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:47 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "uhhh...Amendola?"
RSE
Señor Counsel

Amendola never played a down for the Eagles. I don’t care if he became Lance Alworth once he left Phila. Did he work out in Phila? No.
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:49 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "you couldn't be more incorrect. ..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
you couldn't be more incorrect.

Hershel's cockroach stank presence not only robbed us of any chance to win a super bowl in the 1992-93 season but also caused God to tell Reggie to go to Green Bay that offseason rather than play in Philly with a cockroach Dallass Cowboy.

Those are the facts and they are indisputable!
Randall was a shell of himself in '92. And Jerome had just died. And Kotite was the coach.

Herschel was that least of the team's problems. At that point, he was the best RB Philly'd seen since Wilbert. They don't get to the playoffs without him.
Unread 04-13-2018, 05:22 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "The sticking it the Cowboys aspect has..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
The sticking it the Cowboys aspect has definite appeal. I don't see the fit, but I didn't build the best team in the NFL last year. If Lord of the Rings Howie sees a use for him and can make it work financially, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited about that.
I'm not lobbying for him. But I'm not going to be upset if they sign him. I trust the FO to make that work.
Unread 04-13-2018, 05:43 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Randall was a shell of himself in '92...."
Ellsworth

Randall was a shell of himself because there was cockroach stench on the team.

Cockroach presence > everything known to mankind.
Unread 04-13-2018, 06:04 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "why are we debating a former cockroach?..."
AthensEagle

Yeah, this. Be like signing Irvin or Deion. F-that.
AthensEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 06:12 PM  
Posted in reply to AthensEagle's post starting "Yeah, this. Be like signing Irvin or..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthensEagle View Post
Yeah, this. Be like signing Irvin or Deion. F-that.
A pissed off ex-roach who wants to make Jerruh eat shit is the only thing that changes the equation for me a little bit.

And no, like Terp said... I'm not lobbying. I'm firmly in the "if Howie says so, I'm down" camp.
Unread 04-13-2018, 06:16 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "I hope to God the foreskins sign him."
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point

If the Eagles were to somehow sign him, the Eagles should at least send him to Dallas to make the 32nd pick.

Talk about drama. That would be must see TV.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 06:34 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "A pissed off ex-roach who wants to make..."
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

Quote:
A pissed off ex-roach who wants to make Jerruh eat shit is the only thing that changes the equation for me a little bit.

And no, like Terp said... I'm not lobbying. I'm firmly in the "if Howie says so, I'm down" camp.
AGREE.
NORMALLY I WOULD SAY NO CHANCE GETTING ANOTHER PUKE IN HERE, BUT, IF HE'S ON A MISSION TO F JERRUH, AND HOWIE SAYS YUP THEN, MAY BE WORTH IT ON A ONE YEAR.