Foles is not a Franchise QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
    He's an average starting QB in the same way that Maclin is an average starting WR. Cooper doesn't belong in the starting lineup.

Foles is decent but he's nothing special. Tough guy and all. Likable too. But he's too inconsistent to be counted on week after week. He's in the middle tier of starting NFL QB's, like Andy Dalton, Tony Romo, and Eli. He's not even Flacco-ish or Matt Ryan-ish.

Wouldn't bother me if the team doesn't offer him a ton of money and they prioritize drafting a more athletic, running QB next year. This offense would be harder to shut down like today if the QB could take off and make them pay.
    As bad as this team played today they only loss by 5 and was 2 yards away from winning it. There is something positive to be taken out fo all this.

Comment

Flacco is one of the three slowest QBs along with Foles and Brady. But Roethlisberger is a guy whose mobility would be great in this offense. His escapability has been remarkable over the years. Knows how to sidestep the rush and takes yards when they are there. I'd say his mobility would have made him a threat to run on that 4th down play yesterday. Foles was a complete non factor.

There are lots of guys that look fast compared to Foles. Among them are Drew Brees and Matt Stafford.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
        He's an average starting QB in the same way that Maclin is an average starting WR. Cooper doesn't belong in the starting lineup.

Foles is decent but he's nothing special. Tough guy and all. Likable too. But he's too inconsistent to be counted on week after week. He's in the middle tier of starting NFL QB's, like Andy Dalton, Tony Romo, and Eli. He's not even Flacco-ish or Matt Ryan-ish.

Wouldn't bother me if the team doesn't offer him a ton of money and they prioritize drafting a more athletic, running QB next year. This offense would be harder to shut down like today if the QB could take off and make them pay.

Sounds like Jamis might slip. I think he's a better NFL QB...more than Mariotta.

Comment

Oy vey. You guys are hilarious. He entered yesterday leading the league in yards. He had no line, no running game and is getting the crap beaten out of him. He took the Eagles 90+ yards and put the game winning TD pass in Cooper's hands. If Cooper catches that, we're maybe slightly concerned about his play. Instead he's average and we're drafting his replacement. This place...
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

So what you're saying is Cooper is a bum.

Comment

Fuckin' nuts right?
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

He's the 3rd best QB in the division, so you have that.

Comment

Huh? I don't think Romo and Cousins are better than Foles.

Comment

I thought I told you to get the fuck out of here?
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                      X