• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Foles v McNabb

First 14 games

https://twitter.com/picsmixed/status/514762196757528576

McNabb needs to STFU and let St Nick work

The most interesting numbers to me (aside from Foles' ridiculous efficiency) are Foles' advantages rushing. Obviously he isn't the runner McNabb was (though McNabb seemed almost too concerned about being considered a running QB at that point in his career), but Foles knows when and when not to pull it down and go.

Comment

Thanks for posting that Bl, shines some light on things doesn't it.

Comment

Shines a lot of light on things... Foles rushing yards was the most surprising

One thing Foles def beats McNabb on is grit, we would be 0-3 with nerves of glass back there as QB

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
          First 14 games

You read the graphic wrong. Its Nicks FIRST 14 games v. McNabb's best 14 game stretch (which was in 2004 with T.O.).

SQUIRE

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
            You read the graphic wrong. Its Nicks FIRST 14 games v. McNabb's best 14 game stretch (which was in 2004 with T.O.).

SQUIRE

Exactly, but Mac thinks he should be in the HOF and Nick isn't a franchise QB, oh boy.

Comment

Great comparison. The rushing amazed me as well, never would have thought that. It also doesn't take into account how bad the D has been with Foles in there compared to what McNabb was working with. Can you imagine what Foles stats would look like if the D consistently got off the field in three?

#5 WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!!

Comment

It would be interesting...

First 14 games

...to see a third column with Randall's numbers.
                DB

Comment

Cunningham's best was 1998:

13-1 Record, 259/425 = 60.9% completion %'age, 3704 yards with a 34/10 TD/INT ratio. Only had 32 rushing attempts that season for 132 yards...Again really surprising

Comment

He left out...

The puke numbers.

Comment

First 14 games

the difference: Foles w/ Chip Kelly (who respects the run game and maximizes available talent) vs. McNabb with FF (who figured out after 5 years and losing in the playoffs that if you're going to pass all the time, you might want to have some non-bums at WR)

Comment

The rushing stats

Five was a far superior rusher earlier in his career. By 2004 he had suffered key injuries and clearly was trying to be a traditional pocket passer. That was the most frustrating thing of all to me about him. He could, but he hardly ever would.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                          Five was a far superior rusher earlier in his career. By 2004 he had suffered key injuries and clearly was trying to be a traditional pocket passer. That was the most frustrating thing of all to me about him. He could, but he hardly ever would.
                          I'm sure your right P, I just don't think that Dmac has any place to talk about what NF's is or isn't, esp. with numbers that close, and experience on (not to mention better personal esp. on D) Dmac's side by a large margin.

Comment

i like foles but this doesn't take into account how much passing has changed in 10 years. mcnabb's peak was 00-04. that was when 4000 and 30 would always put a QB among the league leaders. even a few years after 04 the numbers that league leaders posted would be considered average/above average now.

Comment

Oh shit.. nice catch

So Foles def dominating McNabbs start I am sure

Thanks Squire

Comment

Working...
                              X