What is everyone's reaction going to be when they make Shurmur HC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyone's reaction going to be when they make Shurmur HC

I think that is just as likely to happen as bringing a new guy in.
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Shurmur will be the fall back option. Eckel is campaigning so hard to bring in Adam Gase and hire him by next Tuesday, he ignores the fact that at least one minority candidate has to be interviewed. Thats why I was hoping the Bengals could get a 1st round bye--so they could interview Hue Jackson.
    Last edited by bobbyuk; 12-31-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

they should be doing everything they can to convince David Shaw to come in for an interview. I know he probably will go to Indy to coach Luck if he chooses to leave Stanford but maybe, just maybe, with enough money, the Eagles can steer him in another direction. As fas as Im concerned Shaw is head and shoulders the number one option for any NFL team in need of a Head Coach.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        they should be doing everything they can to convince David Shaw to come in for an interview. I know he probably will go to Indy to coach Luck if he chooses to leave Stanford but maybe, just maybe, with enough money, the Eagles can steer him in another direction. As fas as Im concerned Shaw is head and shoulders the number one option for any NFL team in need of a Head Coach.
        Based on what? Especially since Payton could very well be an option.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

They are going to hire someone with NFL head coaching experience. And they will overpay to get someone who has won it all.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
            Shurmur will be the fall back option. Eckel is campaigning so hard to bring in Adam Gase and hire him by next Tuesday, he ignores the fact that at least one minority candidate has to be interviewed. Thats why I was hoping the Bengals could get a 1st round bye--so they could interview Hue Jackson.

Not sure how the language is written on that, but couldn't they just interview Deuce?

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              Based on what? Especially since Payton could very well be an option.
              His program kept right on rolling after Luck left. Stanfords rigorous acceptance requirements mean he doesnt get the same amount of top talent like other schools do, and yet they still rank amongst the top in the nation. His predecessor and mentor went to SF and had success. He was an offensive coach for the Raiders when rich gannons late career surge happened. He has won three conference titles and he is very young.

Everything points to this guy being a very good football coach for a very long time and he actually held several NFL jobs before joining Hrbaughs staff.

Oh, he also runs a traditional pro offense.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

so what your saying is

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
                there is a 50% chance we hire from within and a 50% chance we hire outside the company,.....Wow thats insightful

think he will be lucky to keep his job...
                Last edited by TRENT; 12-31-2015, 01:42 PM.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

No way, gotta get rid of the whole garbage can

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
                  or else it will all continue to stink. I dont think Lurie wants anyone connected to this current coaching staff anywhere near the field after Sundays game.
                  You think its a joke!?!

Comment

I think Shaw's already told teams he's not leaving Stanford.

Comment

Yep. Previously they interviewed Ted Williams who's been with the Eagles for 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                        Yep. Previously they interviewed Ted Williams who's been with the Eagles for 20 years.
                        Lurie has only hired three coaches in his 22 years of ownership. One of his hires was black. Interviewing an assistant within the organization to circumvent the Rooney Rule is not a habit here. No doubt in my mind that Hue Jackson will be offered an interview. They would do well to hire him.

Comment

I'd be OK with it. It'll be either him or Ginger.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Please Not Shurmur

I don't have a favorite for the HC position yet but I know I don't want Shurmur.

Comment

Its more likely to be Ginger with Shurmur staying on as assistant head coach/OC.
                              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Working...
                              X