Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LONG - the real story about why Chip is gone....HowLo won

Lets start in 2014....
    Howie saw Gamble and Kelly getting closer, 'football guys' who agreed on a lot of things, and started to get worried. He knew Chip was already beating him with Marcus Smith's corpse, and figured he was maybe getting close to being run out of the building. So he decides to act, and fires Tom.

So Chip loses his mind and makes his fatal mistake in retaliation --goes to Lurie and requests all of the personnel power.

Chip figures he had Ed M and he can go out and get another pro guy like Gamble and he will be good to go. But there are a few issues with that plan. Chip thinks he is just putting a target on his own chest, which he is willing to do. The problem is he has actually placed a target in the center of his back for Howie. Chip realizes soon that NO solid pro personnel guy is going to come to Philly with Howie still in the building. Everybody in the league knows Howie has run off Banner, Andy and Tom Gamble, two of whom are very respected throughout the league.

So now Chip has to elevate Ed to the top spot, and they make some mistakes. The two of them figure they will fix the defense this year, scheme up to keep the O going (until next year when they can rebuild the offensive line). But the wheels come off and the whole time Howie is lobbing grenades at Chip and Ed to Lurie.

TL:DR Chip took on Howie, not realizing what he was buying into, and ended up hanging himself
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

This is based on what?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

This is based on what actually happened

Comment

You are relating what other other people were thinking ... how do you know this thinking?

Comment

I don't know, Diggle

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          This is based on what actually happened
          You're starting to sound like my wife about that whole 9/11 being an inside job thing. I really think the thing that motivated Lurie more than anything (besides Howie's whisper campaign) was the fact that the players had no respect for Chip. And Lurie knew that free agents would be avoiding the team. But what the hell do I know?
          DB

Comment

And more significantly, if Ed and Chip were fixing the defense ... how was Davis kept on the job?

Comment

The players not respecting him was a major part but HowLo is planting every seed. Poisoning the well.

Comment

PS - I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking if this is a theory or you know something from a source?

Comment

Its a summation I put together from sources (players and people within the org).

Comment

So Lurie is Howie's bitch?

Comment

Why does this empty suit have that much juice? Seriously ... what's he got on Lurie?

Comment

Lurie is too fucking stupid to listen to ANYONE in the league telling him that nobody with any respect will work with Roseman?
                        Last edited by slag; 12-31-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I hear ya

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                          The players not respecting him was a major part but HowLo is planting every seed. Poisoning the well.
                          But I feel like it's a chicken and egg issue. Howie couldn't have found traction for his whisper campaign if Chip hadn't created the problem in the first place. Howie didn't create the Chip is an Asshole narrative. Chip created that. Howie was simply the amplifier. Evil, yes. But the cause? More like the kid in the lockerroom saying, "You gonna take that from him, Jeff?"
                          DB

Comment

PS

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                            But I feel like it's a chicken and egg issue. Howie couldn't have found traction for his whisper campaign if Chip hadn't created the problem in the first place. Howie didn't create the Chip is an Asshole narrative. Chip created that. Howie was simply the amplifier. Evil, yes. But the cause? More like the kid in the lockerroom saying, "You gonna take that from him, Jeff?"
                            Don't take this as a defense of Howie. I think he should be shitcanned in favor of a real football guy.
                            DB

Comment

Howie does Luries dirty work. But thats why Donahore is day to day. Bc people dont want to deal consistently with Howie

Comment

Working...
                              X