I think Lurie might have heard the outcry after his presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Lurie might have heard the outcry after his presser

The Philadelphia Eagles might not hire a "general manager," as Jeffrey Lurie said, but the team is expected to hire a new personnel chief, according to multiple reports. ESPN's Chris Mortensen had it first:

Now begins a search for a new coach and a new general manager, or it very could well be a director of player personnel who evolves into the GM. Howie Roseman, who was ingloriously pushed aside to formally give Kelly the control he desired a year who, will remain as the vice president of football operations. But, as of now, Roseman will not be the general manager again. Tom Donahoe has been promoted to head the personnel department but he has no desire to serve as the GM at this stage of life. The search has begun for a new personnel director and a new coach.

Several other NFL insiders have since clarified ESPN's report.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

God I hope so

Any structure with Howie getting his mitts into the particulars of which player gets drafted where would suck big time.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Well if they want to lure someone like Payton, he's going to want his own guy. Ive read that Doug Marrone wants to take Jeff Ireland with him as his personnel chief.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        Well if they want to lure someone like Payton, he's going to want his own guy. Ive read that Doug Marrone wants to take Jeff Ireland with him as his personnel chief.
        That would be dumb. Why would you want your GM and coach tied together again?
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Are you just stirring shit or are you serious?
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Huh? There's a difference between the coach and gm being on the same page and being the same person.
            Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-01-2016, 11:38 AM.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It depends on the structure. If it's going to be like last offseason...where they were looking for a "personnel chief" that reported to Chip, who had final say...then it's an empty position.

That's the same position they offered last year and all the "top candidates" declined to even interview, so they ended up with a Chip yes-man.

If they're posting a "personnel chief" position that reports to Howie, they're likely to get the same "fuck off" responses.

I think I read somewhere that HowLo and The Ginger have the same agent, though.

Comment

Yeah I see what you're saying. They need experienced people. The more experience, the less likely you are to get a yes man.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Marc Ross and Hue Jackson might make a good team.

Comment

Working...
                  X