After seeing Rodgers and Brady yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing Rodgers and Brady yesterday

I'd be okay with letting Bradford go. You need a top flight quarterback to have long term success. Rodgers was throwing to nobody's and could have won the game. Brady is Brady and the cupboard isn't bare there but he's done a lot with little in the past.

On the flip side, Smith was meh and notwithstanding that last play to Fitzgerald, the Cards won in spite of Palmer. Easily could have thrown 4 int's.

I think Bradford is a good qb but he's not an upper tier, franchise type qb. McNabb was that from 2000-2005. That's what we need again to win a championship.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

These games have gone completely beyond that into "ridiculous mcmahon realm". Missed 26 yard fgs, not getting plays off before 2 minute warning, hail marys and tipped passes, fumbles with 1 minute left followed by 30 yards in penalties etc etc. If Eli has multiple rings anyone including Sam is capable, it's all up to mcmahon.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 01-17-2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I don't buy into the conspiracy.

This has gone on for decades. Immaculate reception. Garo Yepremian... List goes on. Shit happens

Edit to add: not coming at you in particular GS. I appreciate your posting and you follow common sense more than most here
      Last edited by 91EaglesD; 01-17-2016, 11:49 AM.
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

I really agree with this...

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        These games have gone completely beyond that into "ridiculous mcmahon realm". Missed 26 yard fgs, not getting plays off before 2 minute warning, hail marys and tipped passes, fumbles with 1 minute left followed by 30 yards in penalties etc etc. If Eli has multiple rings anyone including Sam is capable, it's all up to mcmahon.
        They have made people feel like shocking plays and dramatic scenarios are part of the product but I believe that they decide a profitable story line that they attempt to adhere to if officiating and playcalling can help it along.

If a team flat out blows like the Eagles, they have alternative paths and enact them. It's like business continuity planning. You set a course in the summer, try to drive the key initiative home and if there are risks to the plan, you mitigate them in a number of ways. Officiating and play calling are key they provide subjectivity to an objective product. Did he catch it or no? Why are they not playing more urgently? Of course, being employed in a management role in a massive corporation's risk line of business is informing my opinion. When I see a 60 Minutes report in 2055, after the NFL has been shuttered due to player safety concerns, outlining how the League manipulated it's way to fortune I will not be surprised.
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Dontcha know? It's all fake. A conspiracy to keep Philadelphia from ever winning a Super Bowl.

Comment

Don't let your experience in a BAC

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
            They have made people feel like shocking plays and dramatic scenarios are part of the product but I believe that they decide a profitable story line that they attempt to adhere to if officiating and playcalling can help it along.

If a team flat out blows like the Eagles, they have alternative paths and enact them. It's like business continuity planning. You set a course in the summer, try to drive the key initiative home and if there are risks to the plan, you mitigate them in a number of ways. Officiating and play calling are key they provide subjectivity to an objective product. Did he catch it or no? Why are they not playing more urgently? Of course, being employed in a management role in a massive corporation's risk line of business is informing my opinion. When I see a 60 Minutes report in 2055, after the NFL has been shuttered due to player safety concerns, outlining how the League manipulated it's way to fortune I will not be surprised.
            damper your outlook on things. You have too many years to grind out!

Comment

No come on I thought you all want the best for me. I certainly want the best for all of you. Don't you want me to embrace the reality now and save myself decades of anguish?
              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Let I am Sam walk. Save $20m.
                Extend Sanchez.
                I expect him to reach Brady/Rodgers levels with Doug "QB whisperer" Pederson running the show.

Comment

I think I am ok

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  Let I am Sam walk. Save $20m.
                  Extend Sanchez.
                  I expect him to reach Brady/Rodgers levels with Doug "QB whisperer" Pederson running the show.
                  With either franchise/transition tagging him or simply letting him walk. Any long-term deal stinks of desperation.

Draft a qb wherever it's appropriate.

Comment

I can't stand Sanchez. Maybe we can trade him to SF for a late round pick. I'm down to have a cheap, average QB starting but not him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      Dontcha know? It's all fake. A conspiracy to keep Philadelphia from ever winning a Super Bowl.
                      Exciting times for you people out in LA! Now that you have some options out there which team are you gonna support, Rams or Chargers?
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Bet Chase Daniels is starting QB in 2016 and a rookie is drafted to groom.

Too bad they (we) don't have that high 2. Stupid mother fuckers

Comment

I don't really care what they do at this point but if Sanchez is the qb, I think I'll be taking an eagles higaytus. We've all been through a lot and I'm willing to give Pederson a fair shake but I don't think I can watch an entire season of Sanchez

Comment

Need to trade someone and get that two back. F'ng Kelly.

Comment

If I was The eagles i'd be listening to offers for anyone not named Fletcher Cox. I'd also move back in draft day like the patriots on their best day and try to double my draft picks over the next few years. This roster is old and devoid of talent at the majority of places. Need a ton of OL, franchise QB, true #1 WR.

This year is gonna be ugly. Stroking a check for season tickets at a time like this has to be a real bitch. For as bad as it is for fans I feel 1000x worse for you guys who have to pay all that money during stretches such as these.
                              Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-17-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X