Joe Maddon Leaving Tampa Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Maddon Leaving Tampa Bay

I'd 100% be behind the Phillies cutting bait with Sandberg and bring in Maddon.

The talent level on the team will still suck, but at least the coaching staff will be better.

Also, I'm gonna go head and assume that Riccardo has NHOH.

Comment

I would do this IN A HEARTBEAT!

Right now! HE IS GOOD!

Comment

Rays GM went to Dodgers. I assume he's going there. Would be fantastic, though.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Rays GM went to Dodgers. I assume he's going there. Would be fantastic, though.
          According to Jon Heyman, he's not considering LAD at all because he knows Friedman is "committed to Mattingly"

Most likely scenario is Maddon spends a year on ESPN or MLB Network, Dodgers lose to SF or StL in the playoffs despite their huge payroll, Mattingly gets canned, Maddon takes over.

Comment

NHOH
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

If Joe Maddon came to the Phillies it would not matter as long as Amaro is still here. Hell! Montgomery is a problem as well.

Comment

Maddon actually grew up where I'm from. I don't see the Phillies writing sandbag off this soon though but I don't think it would be out of the realm on his end.

Comment

Hazleton, where he's still very involved in the community.

I doubt they move on from Sandberg already too, but that's not a smart move. I know he didn't have a lot to work with, but I just don't see "it" with Sandberg. I don't really think he's a top notch MLB manager, but I guess, as with most things, they'll hang on too long to find out if that's true or not.

Comment

Got tired of the 75 million dollar payroll
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                    X