If the Patriots lose on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Patriots lose on Sunday

Is it fair to stop characterizing them as the most recent NFL dynasty in the early to mid 2000's when they were cheating and more so as the modern Buffalo Bills who choke and lose every SB appearance (despite still cheating)?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Wonder if they slipped McNabb some Ipecac Syrup during halftime, cheating bastards!

Hate both of these teams, but gotta pull for the NFC. Fucka Cheatriots

Comment

No. If they lose it will be because they're inferior, not because they're chokers.

Comment

Well, I was using it in a general sense, but how can you know if they choked before the game happens? If they lose 31-7 then it's probably just because they are inferior. If they blow a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter, then by just about any definition, it would be choking.

Nevertheless, like I said, I meant it generally. You lose 3 SB's in a row and you kind of develop a bit of a chicken stench. Anyway, stop raining on my Patriots bashing parade.

Comment

And if they win?

Biggest dynasty since the 49ers?
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I think they are going to win, big

I think they shred Seattle...but that's just me.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

It would be there 1st SB in 10 years. Not sure I would call that a dynasty even if they have made it however many times in the last 5. That's not me just hating on them. I don't think you can use the dynasty unless you're winning championships. Just my opinion.

Comment

Still 4 SB wins with the same QB/Coach

nm
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  It would be there 1st SB in 10 years. Not sure I would call that a dynasty even if they have made it however many times in the last 5. That's not me just hating on them. I don't think you can use the dynasty unless you're winning championships. Just my opinion.
                  three rings in four years is a dynasty under any definition imo.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Sure, you could say they were a dynasty during their first run, I'm just saying this last run wouldn't qualify. 3 SB appearances with 1 win in 7 years doesn't get you there.

Comment

I guess so. Like I said in response to JCuz, their earlier run qualifies, even if they were filming other teams and haven't won squat since they got caught (bitterness).

Comment

WTF Little Guy?

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        Sure, you could say they were a dynasty during their first run, I'm just saying this last run wouldn't qualify. 3 SB appearances with 1 win in 7 years doesn't get you there.
                        Yu act like Tom Brady killed that parrot on your shoulder.
                        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

haha I'm just trolling a bit. I have nothing against Brady. One of the greatest to ever play the game. Too many shenanigans by that organization over the years, though; some of which may have directly hurt the Eagles. Can't respect them after that.

I'm no fan of the Seahawks, either. Lesser of two evils in this case, but won't lose sleep either way.

Comment

You can't know, but I'd say that only about 10% of what people refer to as choke jobs are actually choke jobs. A 14-point lead really isn't that much so I don't even think blowing that would necessarily be choking.

The first three SBs take away any Bills stench that their could be. Even if they lose, they'll still have won 50% of their SB appearances with Belichick/Brady, they just won't have sealed their legacy as the best coach/QB combo ever. I don't know about a "dynasty" because it's been too long since their last SB but with a win they are the Popovich/Duncan Spurs of the NFL.

Comment

Well, if the Eagles blew a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, I think it would be fair to call it a choke. I think most on here would agree with that.

I agree with you on the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X