Greetings from the land of the eternal Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the land of the eternal Spring

AKA the Canary Islands. Have not seen one playoff game or talked to a single American, but the Brits here are pissed about one of their Liverpool lads signing with the LA Glaxy. Spent three days in Madrid before coming here. Great city with lots of history. And they sure love their Real Madrid footballers.

Would recommend this place to anyone for vacation.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Very cool

Give us a write up when you get back
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

That would be Steven Gerrard (captain of the Reds)

going to be 35 and that's where the big bucks are for aging players. Many EPL players will do same
      Enjoy the trip!!
      Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      AKA the Canary Islands. Have not seen one playoff game or talked to a single American, but the Brits here are pissed about one of their Liverpool lads signing with the LA Glaxy. Spent three days in Madrid before coming here. Great city with lots of history. And they sure love their Real Madrid footballers.

Comment

I went to Madrid several years ago. Fantastic and underrated city.

Comment

Ms. Dim's Mother

Her family is from La Gomera. If you go there they will think you are Wilt Chamberirish. We saw a men's clothing store there that we thought were children's clothes.
          DB

Comment

You bastard! Enjoy!

You're telling me you would rather be doing this than trekking into Stockton every day? It was single digits in Galloway Twp this morning.

Comment

Greetings from the land of eternal winter..

-30 here yesterday. I hope you get sunburnt!! Enjoy!
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Barcelona with its Las Ramblas even better. But Madrid is excellent as well.

Comment

yeah i also preferred barcelona. but i am jealous of both IE and IG's recent time in spain.

just outside of madrid i'd recommend toledo to anyone. incredible city. never been to the canary islands, would like to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    yeah i also preferred barcelona. but i am jealous of both IE and IG's recent time in spain.

just outside of madrid i'd recommend toledo to anyone. incredible city. never been to the canary islands, would like to check them out.
                    Only problam with Barcelona is that it is getting overrun by tourists these days.

Somewhere in Toledo there is an Eagles hat I lost there. Did you go to the top of the church tower? Great view.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yea, wondered with which team he would sign.

Just knew it wouldn't be with the Union.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        Only problam with Barcelona is that it is getting overrun by tourists these days.

Somewhere in Toledo there is an Eagles hat I lost there. Did you go to the top of the church tower? Great view.
                        despite the tourists, i loved the mediterranean feel of the city. such a cool place.

didn't go to the top of the church tower, i'll put that on the list for my next visit. i might go for a masters in madrid this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          despite the tourists, i loved the mediterranean feel of the city. such a cool place.

didn't go to the top of the church tower, i'll put that on the list for my next visit. i might go for a masters in madrid this fall.
                          It's not the tower in the cathedral. It is in a different church (San Roman). My Madrileño friends told me about it.

Check out Málaga sometime, especially if you are looking for a place with nice weather in the winter.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                          X