back on terra firma in da USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back on terra firma in da USA

I wont say I ever felt unsafe, but it was a bit unnerving to read the accomplice wife of the Paris deli standoff asshole passed through Madrid airport (on her way to Syria via Turkey) the day before we did.

Compared to our TSA, which gets ripped all the time for things and people getting through, security at Madrid was relatively nonexistent. Madrid is also a big-ass airport with quarter-mile long empty corridors ripe for all kinds of skulduggery. The American carriers had their gates sealed off even inside the "secure" area. If you wanted to get a coffee at the gate you had to be searched all over again to do so.

Great vacation, I would go again...but glad to be home.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Welcome back, brother

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    I wont say I ever felt unsafe, but it was a bit unnerving to read the accomplice wife of the Paris deli standoff asshole passed through Madrid airport (on her way to Syria via Turkey) the day before we did.

Compared to our TSA, which gets ripped all the time for things and people getting through, security at Madrid was relatively nonexistent. Madrid is also a big-ass airport with quarter-mile long empty corridors ripe for all kinds of skulduggery. The American carriers had their gates sealed off even inside the "secure" area. If you wanted to get a coffee at the gate you had to be searched all over again to do so.

Great vacation, I would go again...but glad to be home.
    Glad you had a good time !
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Glad you made it back safely. I thought about you after the bombing in Paris, hoping you didn't get spooked and stuff.

Comment

Buzz me when you get a sec. My best homie just moved to Somers Point. Opening the new Basspro shop in AC. Ill be down alot more now
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

thanks and congrats to your Buckeyes

its a shame some here turned the game into a referendum on Chip, but I suspect that would have happened even if Oregon had won.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

OT: English soccer

for 10 days with spotty internet and no real inclination to go on the computer, about the only tie I had to Western "news" was the London Sun tabloid. The level of gossip they publish on futbolers, ex-futbolers, futbol managers, futbol wags and futbol "supporters" would make the National Enquirer blush. Not to mention their famous Page 3 topless chick every day. I must say its pretty easy to get caught up in.

By the end of the vay-cay I had learned a few things about the English Premier League and its players, many foreign-born. I will probably keep reading up on leading up to the various continental championships and World Cup.

that is all.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Speaking of Europe

today's NY Post main sports headline for the Knicks-Bucks game in London: "Euro Trash."

Bwahahaha
              May 7, 2010

Comment

A wants a re-do on Volas

says the whole thing did not count because of my family BS that night. Pick a date cuz Im not going to hear the end of it.
                May 7, 2010

Comment

When I left Madrid recently I and many others on my flight got searched very thoroughly after I went through the primary screening point. This was at the gate. They took everything out of my carry on, made me turn on all electronics, made sure I had a receipt for my bottle of booze, frisked me, etc.

This was just before the stuff that happened in Paris. Makes me think they knew something was up.

Conversely, when leaving JFK going to Madrid I didn't even have to take the liquids out of my carry on or take my shoes off. Just had to take off my belt and go through a metal detector.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

NO kidding...my daughter's roommate from college

was from Yorkshire (home of Hull city) I find myself looking for those guys each week. 3 EPL games tomorrow as well...glad you made it back. You missed a Sixer 2 game winning streak
                    for 10 days with spotty internet and no real inclination to go on the computer, about the only tie I had to Western "news" was the London Sun tabloid. The level of gossip they publish on futbolers, ex-futbolers, futbol managers, futbol wags and futbol "supporters" would make the National Enquirer blush. Not to mention their famous Page 3 topless chick every day. I must say its pretty easy to get caught up in.

By the end of the vay-cay I had learned a few things about the English Premier League and its players, many foreign-born. I will probably keep reading up on leading up to the various continental championships and World Cup.

that is all.

Comment

welcome back

This included the Canary islands? Nice trip
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Thank you, sir

its a shame some here turned the game into a referendum on Chip, but I suspect that would have happened even if Oregon had won.
                        Still celebrating. Glad Cardale Jones is coming back next year.
                        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey Georgie now you can get a real Piece of Pizza

besides that, Ehhh its NJ.....Welcome home to Krispy Cream land:D
                          Last edited by TRENT; 01-16-2015, 11:44 AM.
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

funniest moment

a woman in the elevator at hotel in Madrid heard me speak and says "You're from the US??? What a coincidence!!! We're from Argentina!!! Like we were next door neighbors. And she spoke better English than me (not saying a much, but still).
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

mostly Cran Canarie

three days in Madrid, the rest enjoying The Land of the Eternal Spring.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X