Sixers: choose your weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers: choose your weapon

Who you want? Jackson is a beast but PG is huge need and I might opt for Fox if I'm making pick for us (them). I'm not 100% buying Simmons can handle point duties on both ends of court.

Absolutely love Fox's makeup and way he plays the game.

He ate Lonzo Ball alive H2H in the tourney. Absolutely smashed his FN ass.

Jackson:

https://youtu.be/aXGvordhj7c

Fox:

https://youtu.be/XBS4Z1uUHS8

Tatum? (Gaytum had a nice ring to it but otherwise he's a distant 3rd for me behind other 2)

https://youtu.be/id0l3E8Ow2w

If Fox could shoot the 3, he would be a no brainer. He was really bad last year (something like 20%). He does everything else really well, though. More well-rounded than Monk.

PG is their biggest need and he is likely to be the best one available when they pick. I agree with you about his makeup. And, as you said, when he felt like he had something to prove against UCLA, he smoked Lonzo.

Jackson is a beast, though. I don't think I could complain about either.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 05-17-2017, 08:22 AM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Draft Jackson, sign Lowry.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        I like this idea. I'm intrigued at what they 'could' do if they wanted to unload a future first from either LA or Sac. Bottom line, they have a lot of options ahead of them.

Comment

If you're Boston, would you take Okafor and say two second rounders for a pick swap? They don't need a PG. Would that be enough to at least get the conversation going?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
            If you're Boston, would you take Okafor and say two second rounders for a pick swap? They don't need a PG. Would that be enough to at least get the conversation going?
            Lol...nope.

Add in Saric and a future first rounder and they probably consider it.

Comment

Through in Malik Monk too

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Who you want? Jackson is a beast but PG is huge need and I might opt for Fox if I'm making pick for us (them). I'm not 100% buying Simmons can handle point duties on both ends of court.

Absolutely love Fox's makeup and way he plays the game.

He ate Lonzo Ball alive H2H in the tourney. Absolutely smashed his FN ass.

Jackson:

https://youtu.be/aXGvordhj7c

Fox:

https://youtu.be/XBS4Z1uUHS8

Tatum? (Gaytum had a nice ring to it but otherwise he's a distant 3rd for me behind other 2)

https://youtu.be/id0l3E8Ow2w
              Fox Jackson or Monk... can't go wrong

Comment

I love Jackson. needs to work on his shot but he does everything else well and plays very good defense.

Defense still wins championships so i'll draft him. He doesn't have to be the offensive star either. With Embiid, Saric, Simmons and even Covington...he doesn't need to come in and jack up stupid sh!t left and right.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  No Lowry. That's a move the Eagles make. Don't be the Eagles.

You continue to build through the draft. Let the kids create this team's identity. In a couple of years, when they are ready to make a run, there will be several players that will come here to play. Don't overpay a guy who will be useless when the games really mean something. Patty Mills makes more sense if the price is right.

Comment

I agree on no Lowry but I'm almost certain Colangelo wants to reunite with his Toronto PG.

Fox and Jackson are both really athletic kids with high bball IQs who play tough D. With both of them, you're betting on them figuring out their shooting stroke in the pro game.

Jackson has off the court red flags, Fox doesn't. I go Fox.

Comment

76ers

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      In a couple of years, when they are ready to make a run, there will be several players that will come here to play. Don't overpay a guy who will be useless when the games really mean something. Patty Mills makes more sense if the price is right.
                      The issue there becomes that in a few years when you're good enough to attract a star, you won't have the money available. With the likely addition of Jackson, I'm more interested in Lowry than I was yesterday. I wish he wasn't going to be 31, but on a 3-year deal he would be a nice signing and you can draft a point guard next year to take over for him down the road.

I'm also open to George Hill, Patty Mills and to a lesser extent, Jrue Holiday (I love Jrue, but he scores by attacking the basket and I'd rather have a more dangerous outside shooter).

We all know Simmons is going to handle the ball, but for defensive reasons a lineup of:

PG: Lowry / Bayless / TJ
                      SG: Jackson / TLC / Stauskas
                      SF: Covington / Anderson / 2nd Round Pick
                      PF: Simmons / Saric / 2nd Round Pick
                      C: Embiid / Holmes / Okafor (until traded)

Actually looks really solid. No reason to think that couldn't be a 5 seed or so next season, while still having our own picks, the Lakers unprotected 2018 1st and the Kings unprotected 2019 1st, plus Korkmaz and two international 2nd round stashes in the pipeline.

Not to mention next year we'll likely have our own 2nd, the Nets 2nd and the Knicks 2nd. Then in 2019 our own 2nd, the Knicks 2nd and the Kings 2nd.

Fun times to be a 76ers fan.
                      Last edited by Hordel; 05-17-2017, 04:52 PM.
                      Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
                      www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        If Fox could shoot the 3, he would be a no brainer. He was really bad last year (something like 20%). He does everything else really well, though. More well-rounded than Monk.

PG is their biggest need and he is likely to be the best one available when they pick. I agree with you about his makeup. And, as you said, when he felt like he had something to prove against UCLA, he smoked Lonzo.

Jackson is a beast, though. I don't think I could complain about either.
                        Fox was 7-17 from 3 in his last 9 games. This is the pick they need to make. He's the best 2-way guard in the draft. The Sixers will regret not taking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hordel View Post
                          The issue there becomes that in a few years when you're good enough to attract a star, you won't have the money available. With the likely addition of Jackson, I'm more interested in Lowry than I was yesterday. I wish he wasn't going to be 31, but on a 3-year deal he would be a nice signing and you can draft a point guard next year to take over for him down the road.

I'm also open to George Hill, Patty Mills and to a lesser extent, Jrue Holiday (I love Jrue, but he scores by attacking the basket and I'd rather have a more dangerous outside shooter).

We all know Simmons is going to handle the ball, but for defensive reasons a lineup of:

PG: Lowry / Bayless / TJ
                          SG: Jackson / TLC / Stauskas
                          SF: Covington / Anderson / 2nd Round Pick
                          PF: Simmons / Saric / 2nd Round Pick
                          C: Embiid / Holmes / Okafor (until traded)

Actually looks really solid. No reason to think that couldn't be a 5 seed or so next season, while still having our own picks, the Lakers unprotected 2018 1st and the Kings unprotected 2019 1st, plus Korkmaz and two international 2nd round stashes in the pipeline.

Not to mention next year we'll likely have our own 2nd, the Nets 2nd and the Knicks 2nd. Then in 2019 our own 2nd, the Knicks 2nd and the Kings 2nd.

Fun times to be a 76ers fan.

I wouldn't mind this. Give me Mason , Thornwell and/or Hart in the 2nd round

Comment

You don't have to worry about attracting an overpriced 'star'. You should have enough to build around and add a Lowry-type player, at a more reasonable price tag, later with no problems (See: Golden State Warriors).

This team has plenty of draft assets to do what it wants. This team could possibly have three or four lottery picks over the next two years. That is huge. This team also has so many second rounders that it may have the rights to every guard in Europe when it's all said and done. One may even pan out.

Lowry is not the right fit at this time. He will be overpaid and most likely will get more than three years. Screw that. While I may not trust Colangelo, I still trust the Process. I hope it plays out. FWIW, I don't think Hinkie would make this move either.

Comment

Yes I like Jackson a lot and he is very athletic.

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              I love Jackson. needs to work on his shot but he does everything else well and plays very good defense.

Defense still wins championships so i'll draft him. He doesn't have to be the offensive star either. With Embiid, Saric, Simmons and even Covington...he doesn't need to come in and jack up stupid sh!t left and right.
                              I don't see how the Sixers could go wrong. I'll be happy with one of the 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X