No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OF EM, B.B. SAUL OR FARGO, BUT DID JUST BINGE WATCH ALL OF SHAMELESS AND BLACK SAILS, SINCE FOOTBALL HAS BEEN DONE. LIKED THEM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Frank Gallagher. Best show on right now. But I do ff through the gay parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        ...I think the upcoming episode...
        I agree...I think we heard the name Saul Goodman in the previews for the upcoming week... awwwww Yeah.

What a fantastic show!
        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
          H8 to hijack but fargo is startin out pretty good.
          This week's episode was great. Loved the Peter & the Wolf stuff.

Comment

Great show

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            Think about what they're pulling off with this show... They're reverse engineering a major hit series, with only the supporting characters, and they're making something that's more real, more human, and straight-up better than the show that inspired it.

Absolutely the best, smartest television ever done.
            And no hammy Bryan Cranston over-acting, which was the only negative of BB, which was spectacular.
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
              And no hammy Bryan Cranston over-acting, which was the only negative of BB, which was spectacular.
              I think both shows are damn near perfect storytelling. The tie-breaker for me is, as I said above, I like Jimmy more than I like Walt. And I like Kim more than I like Jesse. I compared her to Skyler, but that's not the right comparison. The character is more comparable to Jesse.

The big cloud that's hanging over BCS is the fact that we know Kim is nowhere to be found in Breaking Bad. A part of me dreads where that might be going.

Comment

DID YOU HAVE TO WATCH BREAKING BAD TO KNOW WHAT'S GOIN ON IN SAUL?

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                  DID YOU HAVE TO WATCH BREAKING BAD TO KNOW WHAT'S GOIN ON IN SAUL?
                  If you're going to watch Breaking Bad immediately after, you're good. You'll be watching it in the reverse of what everybody else did, but it still works.

Comment

COOL. THANKS. IF I GET SOME TIME TO KILL, WHICH WON'T BE MUCH, NOW THAT'S IT'S SPRINGTIME, MAYBE I'LL KILL A FEW SEASONS OF B.B.

Comment

It's getting better but, at least so far, bad teeth ain't measuring up to Malvo or Milligan.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        It's getting better but, at least so far, bad teeth ain't measuring up to Malvo or Milligan.
                        I thought the previous two episodes, before this week, were the worst two shows of the series. The Barton Fink meets Boogie Nights LA flashback episode was as dull as Fargo has ever been.

I like Varga, but he's the third iteration of the mysterious, highly well-spoken antagonist, and I'm not sure bulimia and bad teeth are enough to make him as unique as he needs to be.

Season 3 doesn't quite live up to the first two, so far. But it's not a total dud, like Season 2 of True Detective was. It's still the second best show on television.

Comment

Agreed, and it seems a bit more "Fargo-esque-oh-yah" than the other two seasons ... which is nice (apologies to Carl Spackler).
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                          X