• Show
Clear All

• Cooks to Rams

Dream Team West!!

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    Dream Team West!!
    They are getting scary good on paper at least

Comment

I’m calling it right now...not gonna work.

Comment

Tell him Malcolm says hi.

Comment

Since Cooks is the replacement for Sammy Watkins, the Rams essentially traded their first and second round draft picks for Cooks. That’s crazy.

Howie got Ajayi for a fourth. In Howie we trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            Tell him Malcolm says hi.
            Whoooooooooo!

Comment

Its going to be a fabulous disaster

Comment

its a lot of personalities, that's for sure. Cooks is pretty good though and not the biggest diva on the team. Pats did great on that trade - they upgraded their 1st and rented cooks for 1 year on the cheap.

Comment

Dude was running around like a chicken with his head cut off in the Super Bowl. Doesnt strike me as an instinctual player.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I thought you were pretty pro-Cooks during the 2014 draft?

Comment

If they cut Austin, I’d try to sign him. He could be a younger Sproles/Wallace hybrid.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

isn't it kind of hard to base that off of like one quarter before he got knocked out?

the rams are scary on paper this season. i take some solace in the fact that goff is their weak link. imo he's 100% a product of mcvay and the system, and one of the weaker starting QBs in the NFC. i hope that's enough to hold them back for now, and that after this season the lack of draft picks catches up with them.

they made a good trade for 2018 but it is insane that they also gave up their 2nd for one year of sammy watkins.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                          I thought you were pretty pro-Cooks during the 2014 draft?
                          I was. He showed speed, hands and athleticism of an nfl player. And he still has those traits. But as far as being a difference maker he just isnt there.

Also, its generally bad practice to deal first round picks for players who are in the last year of their rookie deal.

Besides, they could have re signed Sammy Watkins and retained the pick
                          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Oh - I think this is another master stroke for BB:

Pats gave up #32 for Cooks in 2016, paid him ~2 million-ish and then flipped him for #23 after going to the Super Bowl.

From the Rams angle, I guess they're just replacing Tavon Austin (eventually). I do agree, a 1st for 1 year of Cooks before he escalates to over 10 mil a year (probably) is pretty dumb.

Different players, but Cooks >>> Watkins. Concussion aside, Cooks gets on the field.
                            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-04-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X