Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Bennett get arrested in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Bennett get arrested in Houston?

Sorry if I missed someone else bringing this up.

If the Incredible Hulk Bennett busted through a door and pushed over an elderly women in a wheelchair, per a police officer's account, why didn't said police officer call for backup and have him arrested?

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

If the Incredible Hulk Bennett busted through a door and pushed over an elderly women in a wheelchair, per a police officer's account, why didn't said police officer call for backup and have him arrested?
    I agree with you why not on the spot, their excuse was Brady's jersey got stolen and that was top priority. This case will be squashed, it's all because he would not give up cash.

Comment

Because the press-conference room was backlogged for 14 months.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Welp, that explains it

Comment

Welp, that explains it
          I think I had igitis with that joke.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Stadium looks pretty empty and thus a much lower safety priority. Seems like a reasonable time (unlike 14 months later) for the witnessing officer and a back up or two to apprehend an accused felon?

https://www.click2houston.com/video/...-bowl-li-ended

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              Stadium looks pretty empty and thus a much lower safety priority. Seems like a reasonable time (unlike 14 months later) for the witnessing officer and a back up or two to apprehend an accused felon?

https://www.click2houston.com/video/...-bowl-li-ended
              Mark Eckel had a decent point that we Eagles fans might be looking at this differently if Bennett was a cowturd instead of an Eagle right now.

But absent video evidence I can't help but believe this is "trumped" up. He certainly doesn't look look like an angry person in this video.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

honestly eckel is right. people accuse this police chief of trying to gain political capital, but if bennett were a cowgirl, we'd be treating him like greg hardy 2.0.

i guess you could also make the argument that jerruh would never sign a player who is outspoken on social issues in the first place.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 03-26-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Some would but any decent person would be appaled. People blame police (deservingly) but prosecutors are much much more to blame for stuff like this. Most use the job to run for office and couldn’t care less if an innocent person goes to prison.

Anyone with time should read this article about how screwed up our justice system is. I know its Shaun King, who some don’t like, but even conservatives have called out mass incarceration.

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/26/...minal-justice/
                  Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Greg Hardy's girlfriend was in pictures with bruises ... and a judge made an official determination that he assaulted the complainant/girlfriend who later didn't show up on the appeal so the case was dropped.

Bennett was indicted on a felony over a year from when it supposedly happened because the police were too busy with other more serious crimes to investigate yet publicly stated they were all hands on deck to find Tom Brady's jersey.

And the felony wouldn't be a felony if the person who supposedly suffered a sprained shoulder was 64 years old instead of 66.

If he was a Cowboy, I'd still be looking sideways at this one.
                    Last edited by slag; 03-26-2018, 09:23 PM. Reason: fact check
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah the two are apples and oranges. Can’t cheer even a cowboy being put in a cage if the charges are suspect.
                      Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

IGitus
                        Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-26-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Not all felons are Cowboys, but all Cowboys are felons.

Comment

Working...
                          X