IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 09-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
PhillyEagle
designated jagoff

Default Who do you like and dislike on WIP Sports Radio?

My likes

Angelo
Rhea
The Cuz
Rob Charry

My dislikes

Glen Macnow
Al Morganti
Michael Barkann
Ike Reese

The absolute worst

Paul Jolovitz
PhillyEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Riccardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Shut up
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM  
Posted in reply to Riccardo's post starting "Shut up"
3rd & Inches

I like the new guys who put "philly" or "eagle" in their handle. Its super-fantastic when they have both!
500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.
3rd & Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM  
Posted in reply to Riccardo's post starting "Shut up"
PhillyEagle
designated jagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
Shut up
Why are you so disrespectful?
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM  
Posted in reply to PhillyEagle's post starting "Why are you so disrespectful?"
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Default Who are you?

Where's the hammer - is douchebagnacht2 over yet??
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Yeah nothing geigher
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:21 PM  
Posted in reply to Riccardo's post "Who are you?"
PhillyEagle
designated jagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
Where's the hammer - is douchebagnacht2 over yet??
I;m your father
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM  
Posted in reply to PhillyEagle's post starting "Why are you so disrespectful?"
AthensEagle

Default hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
Why are you so disrespectful?
Post of the week! Woooooo!
AthensEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
iowaigglefan

iowaigglefan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I would think

We would welcome new posters rather than act like prepubescent assholes.
iowaigglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
Eaglenation55
designated jagoff

Default Love this topic.

Lets start with the dislikes:

1) Angelo Cataldi. I wish this fucker would die. He never had a good word to say about Donovan McNabb literally from day 1 of the 1999 NFL draft. His stupid caravan of morons nicknamed the "Dirty Thirty" is a lowbrow retard group created to embolden his stupidity. While McNabb was not perfect, he was the catalyst of an early 2000s Eagles era that took the franchise from a moribund piece of 3-13 garbage left by Ray Rhodes and Veterans stadium, to one that has relevancy today. Cataldi continues to take shots at McNabb on his show to this day even though dude has been gone for 3 years now. In addition his constant ogling and disrespect for women is typical of his mid to late 50's genre and has grown tiresome. How Rhea Hughes doesn't slap him sometimes right on air boggles my mind.

2) Jan Gorem. Okay, I know she's gone now, but I hated her updates for so long that I'd be remiss if I didn't mention her in my dislikes. She sounded like she was constantly being interrupted during her updates constantly losing focus mid-update. She just grated my nerves.

Other than this, not much I hate on WIP. Here are the likes:

1) Anthony Gargano. Dude keeps it real and makes you feel like when you are calling in, you're calling family. He's extremely knowledgeable and even when a total retard calls in, he'll merely say he disagrees but won't make you feel like a jackass.

2) Paul Jolowitz. Like this guy a lot. Wish he was on a higher profile time slot. Again, treats the callers with respect and his knowledge is right up there with the best.

3) Ike Reese. Very knowledgeable about sports, not just football which pleasantly surprised me. He has blended in very nicely from having been "the former athlete" to a legitimate talk show host. He seems to have really embraced the Philadelphia area, it's sports, and it's fans, even though he's not from here.

4) Howard Eskin. Okay, I know he's not around much anymore. And he's definately polarizing. But he's knowledgeable. Yes, he did treat morons with disrespect and yes he was insulting to women. Which is why I have him low on my likes, but I have called into his show multiple times, and the reality with him is, if you brought intelligent conversation he had no problem with you. Howard never insulted me once in several phone calls, because I brought it, and never gave him reason to.
Eaglenation55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 11:31 PM  
Posted in reply to Eaglenation55's post "Love this topic."
PhillyEagle
designated jagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglenation55 View Post
Lets start with the dislikes:

1) Angelo Cataldi. I wish this fucker would die. He never had a good word to say about Donovan McNabb literally from day 1 of the 1999 NFL draft. His stupid caravan of morons nicknamed the "Dirty Thirty" is a lowbrow retard group created to embolden his stupidity. While McNabb was not perfect, he was the catalyst of an early 2000s Eagles era that took the franchise from a moribund piece of 3-13 garbage left by Ray Rhodes and Veterans stadium, to one that has relevancy today. Cataldi continues to take shots at McNabb on his show to this day even though dude has been gone for 3 years now. In addition his constant ogling and disrespect for women is typical of his mid to late 50's genre and has grown tiresome. How Rhea Hughes doesn't slap him sometimes right on air boggles my mind.

2) Jan Gorem. Okay, I know she's gone now, but I hated her updates for so long that I'd be remiss if I didn't mention her in my dislikes. She sounded like she was constantly being interrupted during her updates constantly losing focus mid-update. She just grated my nerves.

Other than this, not much I hate on WIP. Here are the likes:

1) Anthony Gargano. Dude keeps it real and makes you feel like when you are calling in, you're calling family. He's extremely knowledgeable and even when a total retard calls in, he'll merely say he disagrees but won't make you feel like a jackass.

2) Paul Jolowitz. Like this guy a lot. Wish he was on a higher profile time slot. Again, treats the callers with respect and his knowledge is right up there with the best.

3) Ike Reese. Very knowledgeable about sports, not just football which pleasantly surprised me. He has blended in very nicely from having been "the former athlete" to a legitimate talk show host. He seems to have really embraced the Philadelphia area, it's sports, and it's fans, even though he's not from here.

4) Howard Eskin. Okay, I know he's not around much anymore. And he's definately polarizing. But he's knowledgeable. Yes, he did treat morons with disrespect and yes he was insulting to women. Which is why I have him low on my likes, but I have called into his show multiple times, and the reality with him is, if you brought intelligent conversation he had no problem with you. Howard never insulted me once in several phone calls, because I brought it, and never gave him reason to.

Damm I miss Eskin at 3pm. He only hung up on people who sounded stupid on the phone. still can't believe he is gone. I know he is on at 8am on Saturday mornings but who the hell is up at that time?
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:03 AM  
Posted in reply to PhillyEagle's post starting "I;m your father"
Irish George

Irish George is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wow great comeback

proud of ya

Irish George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
MelKiperIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
My likes

Angelo
Rhea
The Cuz
Rob Charry

My dislikes

Glen Macnow
Al Morganti
Michael Barkann
Ike Reese

The absolute worst

Paul Jolovitz
Angelo is a piece of New York SHIT, born there and wish he would go back, not liking Rhea either, smug bitch thinks she knows it all.
MelKiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 09:04 AM  
Posted in reply to MelKiperIII's post starting "Angelo is a piece of New York SHIT,..."
SCREAMIN EAGLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelKiperIII View Post
Angelo is a piece of New York SHIT, born there and wish he would go back, not liking Rhea either, smug bitch thinks she knows it all.
The entire station jumped the shark years ago with exception of a few hosts. Weekend shows are way better than during the week. It amazes me that there are still people that listen to the morning show which is pretty much umlistenable. Morganti has been stealing money since the show has been on. Rhea Hughes is an obnoxious cunt. Cataldi is oneof the biggest duouchebags in Philly radio. Mcnow has turned into a 1st class tool. Ike Reese is borderline illiterite. 97.5 is a breath of fresh air and i am convinced that if they could somehow get a local morning show they would sink WIP.
SCREAMIN EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 10:00 AM  
Posted in reply to SCREAMIN EAGLE's post starting "The entire station jumped the shark..."
Greenstealth

Cataldi is horrendous. I sometimes find myself listening to mike and mike over him. I've never cared for him.
Greenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:08 PM  
Posted in reply to SCREAMIN EAGLE's post starting "The entire station jumped the shark..."
hoo bleeds green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
Ike Reese is borderline illiterite.
Haha.
Unread 09-29-2012, 03:17 PM  
PhillyEagle
designated jagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
The entire station jumped the shark years ago with exception of a few hosts. Weekend shows are way better than during the week. It amazes me that there are still people that listen to the morning show which is pretty much umlistenable. Morganti has been stealing money since the show has been on. Rhea Hughes is an obnoxious cunt. Cataldi is oneof the biggest duouchebags in Philly radio. Mcnow has turned into a 1st class tool. Ike Reese is borderline illiterite. 97.5 is a breath of fresh air and i am convinced that if they could somehow get a local morning show they would sink WIP.
I still can't believe that WIP decreased Eskin's role and then increased Ike Reese's role.
Unread 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM  
Posted in reply to PhillyEagle's post starting "I still can't believe that WIP..."
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Default shut up

WIP blows