X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Kelly Green's favorite newspaper

William C. Rhoden writes:

Originally posted by Kelly Green's favorite newspaper
    But this was a disgraceful way for a franchise to try to cover its back while releasing its best player. The Eagles insulted the intelligence of many fans and relied on the bigotry of others to sell the narrative of a young black player’s suspected gang affiliation to rationalize cutting him.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/03/sp...-out.html?_r=0
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Typical

I bet he'd write that if the team in question was either one of The Big Crapple's representatives.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      I bet he'd write that if the team in question was either one of The Big Crapple's representatives.
      This guy knows a SMEAR CAMPAIGN when he sees one:

Then last week, with Jackson set to take up a sizable piece of the Eagles’ salary-cap figure this season, they cut him.

Fine. That’s business. But instead of saying that they could not afford him, or that he did not fit into Coach Chip Kelly’s system, the Eagles leaked the ugly narrative that their onetime prince had “character issues.”

The Eagles released Jackson after NJ.com, citing unidentified sources in the Eagles organization, raised concerns about his attitude and emphasized its reports about his connections to reputed street gang members. The Eagles then allowed the public perception to spread that Jackson, their explosive franchise player, was some sort of uncoachable gang lord, and that team officials were cutting ties with him to preserve the good name of the organization.
      --------

Comment

Did hear this morning on Mike & Mike

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        This guy knows a SMEAR CAMPAIGN when he sees one:
        the NFLPA is going to check into the Eagles and the release of the NJnet article to see what/if there are any connections.

They used the Josh Freeman incident as another example of smearing a player upon their release.

This will not be going away anytime soon.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Articles like this are preying on the narrative that fans, like us, from hard working blue collar towns will rally behind anything that looks like it's bringing down the FO and big business.

I think unless it's proven that the eagles were connected to the article, it's pure speculation and in this case, to me, silence isn't damning.

Comment

Dirty Laundry sells

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
            Articles like this are preying on the narrative that fans, like us, from hard working blue collar towns will rally behind anything that looks like it's bringing down the FO and big business.

I think unless it's proven that the eagles were connected to the article, it's pure speculation and in this case, to me, silence isn't damning.
            and so does the speculation of might having any.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

And What's That Have To Do With The Price Of Tomatoes?

You tossed your favorite newspaper at me like it was a book of The Bible. I merely pointed out that he was preaching the party line of every loyal New Yawker -- including you.
              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post

The Nj.com article explicitly says they got info from sources within the Eagles' organization.

From the NJ.com article: "Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it originally was Jackson's off-field behavior that concerned the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly were the original reasons for his fall from grace, sources told NJ.com."
                --------

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                  You tossed your favorite newspaper at me like it was a book of The Bible. I merely pointed out that he was preaching the party line of every loyal New Yawker -- including you.
                  The Eagles did not have character issues with Kelly after the N.C.A.A. stripped Oregon, his former team, of a scholarship for two seasons and placed the program on probation for three years for violations committed when he coached the Ducks.
                  --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    From the NJ.com article: "Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it originally was Jackson's off-field behavior that concerned the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly were the original reasons for his fall from grace, sources told NJ.com."
                    The article about 'gang affiliations' is where the outrage is...a small blurb about general misconduct does not equal, how you put it, SMEAR CAMPAIGN.

Comment

Chip = Coach Cal. Forgot about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X