No announcement yet.

The Art of the Buffet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, a common theme with this guy is.....

....cream soups. I read through about 20 reviews and he NEVER chooses the broth based soup. Straight to the bisques. FAT!

Comment

Bullshit

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
      Buffet resturants are for pigs. There has never been a good one and there never will be.
      The buffets at disney are $$$$$

Comment

I know this exact place. I live a couple of miles from it.

It's not a buffet anymore. It's a great Turkish restaurant. (and we go there with our friends who are from Turkey) Always have people in there. Added bonus: it's a BYOB!

Comment

Here's the Yelp on it

http://www.yelp.com/biz/istanbul-res...swick-township

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            How's the levrek (branzini) there?
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't know if they have that

I'm not a fish eater, so I don't know. Everything else I've had there was great though. They have this thing called "chicken chops" that I love. The desserts are great too. Oh and when you're leaving the guy will squirt some lemon water or something into your hand. Oh now I'm STARVING!

Comment

How very DQesque.

Hitting the "meat wall", that is.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I love these people that go to all-inclusives and....

...blame their sh*ts on Mexico. Dude: You're blowing liquid out your a$$ because you ate a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon, 3 entrees, and 5 desserts, washed it down with coffee and strawberry margaritas, ALL in the course of 3 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    Hitting the "meat wall", that is.

He hits and licks the "meat wall".
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Hahaha... but isn't the correct pronunciation "boo-fay"?

nm
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

KG will be drawn to this thread

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        Featuring a very recent (last Friday) review of Golden Corral in Hagerstown, Maryland!

This guy has a lot of in-depth buffet coverage here. Looks like he primarily works the middle Atlantic states. He's got reviews of places in MD, PA, NJ, Long Island, etc.

http://buffets.blogspot.com/
                        Like moths to a flame...
                        Last edited by ishimonster; 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                          Buffet resturants are for pigs. There has never been a good one and there never will be.
                          Don't think they have it on the east coast but Soup Plantation is pretty good. Not sure if it counts as a buffet but soup and salad ingredients are always fresh.

The worst thing about buffets is that they require trusting both the establishment and the hundreds of people before you to keep everything sanitary and fresh. Not worth the risk IMO, plus buffet food is never anything spectacular anyway...

Comment

I suggest you visit the Buffet at the Rio in Las Vegas. And then make that same statement.

Comment

They are not the greatest, but you can always have them make you a Ham sandwich.
                              I enjoy them, but consider the source.

Comment

The guy loves Amish Country. I've been to several of his "favorites" and I can't disagree with some of his assessments

Comment

Working...
                                X