No announcement yet.

On a lighter note, thinking of stepping into one of these..Guitar enthusiasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a lighter note, thinking of stepping into one of these..Guitar enthusiasts

a few years back I sold my 57 RI goldtop so I could step into a Paul Reed Smith Hollow body,,killer sounding guitar...love it,, but..I have owned a goldtop since My teenage years and really want one with P90's in it,,for those who don't know,,simply large single coil Pups...

Gibson makes an R6...1956 Reissue...right now I'm on the fence,,I also want one of the newr Les Paul Axcess guitars,,,they are fucin sweet,,Lifeson from Rush helped in the design of the guitar...and has a sig Model.....I just want a nice sunburst flametop with the factory Kahler Trem....decisions, decisions...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Custo...#ht_538wt_1363
    Last edited by TRENT; 08-30-2013, 06:52 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Didn't you sell a Les Paul guitar for a down payment on a house last year?

Comment

No that was My Cherry 67 es 345....

I did well with that purchase I grabbed it for $2400 about 10 years ago and sold it for $6500...was a great investment,,,was sad to see it go..I ended up with an ES 333 Cherry stop tail..I put a 57 classic in the rhythm and a Seymour Duncan antiquity in the Treble position..I have to say I like it...Really sounds good and best of all I grabbed it for a grand..:D

Right now I'm thinking either a Les Paul Traditional with P90's or the R6...custom shop guitars and not weight relieved,,the bodies are solid Mahogany, plus they have the long neck tenon...the Reg les pauls are swiss cheese bodies or chambered..along with the Morisite neck tenon,,,just not the same..also considering an early 70 Deluxe...but man they want a fortune for them......this one is a lil rough..but the weight seems good..I'd have to put some lollar P90's in it though...kinda pricey for being so chewed up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1904wt_1363
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        Didn't you sell a Les Paul guitar for a down payment on a house last year?
        I think he's looking to buy a reissued guitar made now at a fraction of the cost he sold his old one for.

It's like if you could buy a car made to the '64 Mustang specs but made brand new today.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

If I buy a next guitar, I think it's going to be a flamenco guitar with a wide fretboard and softer strings.
          --------

Comment

I love to have the 68 Reissue of the 56,,or a 69

in 68 they made a goldtop with P90's like the 56 model...only 1 year..they are crazy expensive..like 12k+...thats nuts..I bought my 69 les paul for 300 dollars.....lol 30 years ago...but seriously,,even a 69 goldtop with mini hums are like 7 to 9 k,,,they can keep umm..a reissue will do just fine for me...that 74 look pretty good from the front..but the back needs a serious refin...
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I felt kind of bad that you had to give that up.

Comment

Nice,,I love the Mahogany Body with a cedar Top

I'm not the best finger picker,,I play better with a pick..I have a cheap Nylon guitar in the house,,U know for when you get the itch...
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

thats cool man,,

Much appreciated,,there is more to the story than just having to let it go,,but Im blessed to have what I have...I have had alot of axes come and go,,but that one will always be one of my favs...what a sound,,cream Hendrix, Greatful dead,,chuckberry, Yes,, whatever you wanted it accomodated..
                    Last edited by TRENT; 08-30-2013, 07:46 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      I'm not the best finger picker,,I play better with a pick..I have a cheap Nylon guitar in the house,,U know for when you get the itch...
                      I prefer playing with a pick as well, but if I had a good guitar which lent itself to a different style I would probably do better. Flamenco is not that complicated. A friend of mine in Spain gave me a brief lesson. They use the capo a lot.
                      --------

Comment

Ok,,,Do they have slightly rounder shape to the body??

than just a classical or spanish guitar? Isn't Charo like amazing on the Flamenco guitar?
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          than just a classical or spanish guitar? Isn't Charo like amazing on the Flamenco guitar?
                          It's pretty much a Spanish guitar. See this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamenco_guitar

But the flamenco style is pretty much all open chords, no bar chords. That's why they rely on the capo so much.
                          --------

Comment

Working...
                          X