Where there's smoke ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where there's smoke ...

...I didn't want to believe the DJax stuff either but at this point there has just been too much of it.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Is this just the Domowich piece or something new?

Comment

The Steve Smith stuff with the Panthers is enough to make me believe. He's probably the most notable player in that team's history and they're just letting him walk.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I don't know if they would trade him. Cutting him outright would be pretty idiotic.

It does appear that the Eagles have made it known to reporters and thus to other teams that they would listen to offers for Jackson. Since he's coming off a great year his trade value may never be higher.

And don't forget Jackson is a remnant of the Reid (FF) area.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          ...I didn't want to believe the DJax stuff either but at this point there has just been too much of it.
          It doesn't make any sense unless something really bad happened that nobody outside the organization knows about. The stuff we do know about are small potatoes that Kelly ought to be able to handle. If not, he's the one who doesn't belong here.

They're just fucking mediocre at receiver without him. Don't want to have to depend on a rookie.

Comment

it does not make sense to me but...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I don't know if they would trade him. Cutting him outright would be pretty idiotic.

It does appear that the Eagles have made it known to reporters and thus to other teams that they would listen to offers for Jackson. Since he's coming off a great year his trade value may never be higher.

And don't forget Jackson is a remnant of the Reid (FF) area.
            ...most of the time when this stuff persists there is something to it. If it had died with the Moser thing then I'm more apt to write it off.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              The Steve Smith stuff with the Panthers is enough to make me believe. He's probably the most notable player in that team's history and they're just letting him walk.
              After 13 years. Big difference. Smith will be 35 years old this season and has played almost every game for them since 2001. That's a lot of mileage.

Comment

I agree

all Im saying is for it to persist like this, its not just a "throw it at the wall" story anymore.
                May 7, 2010

Comment

No, its all of it.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

No, its all of it.
                    I gotta agree that there must be some issue(s) here that we don't know about. IMO, Reid (FF) was not the best judge of character. DJax was drafted by FF. Didn't he draft Freddie Mitchell in the first round among other mistakes?

Having said all that Jackson had an excellent season last year.

Also remember that supposedly Avant was a mediator for some issues last year.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

all Im saying is for it to persist like this, its not just a "throw it at the wall" story anymore.
                      I'm going with the Jeff McLane piece from last week. You can look it up. Makes the most sense to me. I do think that Jackson is probably year to year. If he has a bad season, I doubt they'll keep him at his salary.

But no way, no how are they getting rid of him this year. He's well paid but not overpaid. Sort of makes up for year 3 when he was grossly underpaid by Banner.

I do think it started with a blogger throwing shit against the wall.

Comment

exactly and...

...Im not saying I favor moving the guy. as a fan I could care less if he's an asshole. If he is, he's still an asshole making big plays for my team. But not every coach feels that way. Or like Reffie said, he could have done something really fucked up we dont know about.

All I know is if they were 100 percent sold on keeping him they would be quashing this stuff we're hearing.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

It's almost starting to seem like some of the "leaked FO info" stuff that Ratface used to do to test the waters on a move or blackball someone.

I hope Chip doesn't operate that way. He seems like too straight a shooter to go for that stuff.

Comment

All I know is if they were 100 percent sold on keeping him they would be quashing this stuff we're hearing.
                            That's exactly what McLane suggests they would never do. If they respond to rumors they just validate them and invite an endless stream of future rumors. Nice scenario for lazy journalists.

The reason I believe McLane is that reporters from major cities have more than enough inside contacts around the league. These people would know if the Eagles were shopping Jackson. He did, and came away with the belief they aren't.

Comment

I agree. I also think that if DJax has gotten wind of this (which I'm sure he has), he's going to react in a similar manner that Smith did. At that point, what happens...?

Comment

Working...
                              X