Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Chip Kelly thinks that Marcus Mariota is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Chip Kelly thinks that Marcus Mariota is....

.....the next great QB, I don't really care what he gives up to get him. All of these other assholes are replaceable. A great quarterback is irreplaceable.

What did Chip think about Bradley when he picked him?

Comment

We were just wondering if Pee Stain wanted to come out for some suds and maybe having his ass handed to him in a couple of games of Dig Dug.
      Last edited by Riccardo; 04-23-2015, 09:50 PM.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I hope it happens. It so boring around here anymore. I wish we'd sign T.O. too

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          .....the next great QB, I don't really care what he gives up to get him. All of these other assholes are replaceable. A great quarterback is irreplaceable.
          He could be great but by no means is he a slam-dunk. He's not John Elway or Andrew Luck he's not even considered the number one quarterback in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
            He could be great but by no means is he a slam-dunk. He's not John Elway or Andrew Luck he's not even considered the number one quarterback in the draft.
            True. But he does fir Kelly's vision, which we've seen does not always align with conventional NFL wisdom.

At this point the organization has drank the Chip Kelly Kool-Aid, so it's all or nothing on his approach.

That being said, I just don't see them being able to move up high enough to snag him.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
              A number of above average QBs have been to the Super Bowl when their team had a great defense.

Maybe Chip's heath and conditioning voodoo can keep Bradford in one piece and productive until Mariota becomes a FA.
              They can fill some holes with the picks they retain.

They could trade down somewhat and use the extra pick to end up with two picks in the upper third of the 2nd round. That could get them OT/OG Fisher from Oregon and help in the secondary.

There should be useful WRs in the 3rd due to depth at that position.

Comment

I don't see how these assholes are replaceable without all the draft picks we'd have traded away to get Mariota. Would we just say we're building for 2020?

Comment

You need to have a shot EVERY year to......

...eventually get through and win one or multiple Super Bowls. Yes, there have been lesser QB's that have won one. The great QB's are there EVERY YEAR with a chance to win one EVERY YEAR. The whole thing is about quarterbacks. If you have a great one of those, it trickles down to every part of the team. Even your defense benefits from having a great QB on your team. He keeps the defense off of the field, he builds a lead so the other team has to play from behind, he gives the team confidence if they do fall behind that he can lead them back. He's the leader of the football team. I don't know if MM is the answer, but if Chip KNOWS then I am all for him trading away whatever he wants.

Comment

Donovan McNabb wasn't considered the No. 1 QB in the draft

Tim Couch was. How did that work out?

Comment

Nunamaker! Nunamaker! That's what my sister said on the way to the Grand Canyon! My last name's Dirt, her last name's Nunamaker! That's my parents' last name!
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Unless they give up Cox. If they trade him, I'll be sick.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                        X