Backes for BSchenn and Gudas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backes for BSchenn and Gudas?

Part of me says take a chance with Backes. He'd be a great bulwark against the Pens' and Bruins' tough guys. He scores more goals than Brayden Schenn and adds more grit. This would allow Couturier to play more as an offensive threat, since Backes can shut down opponents too. The other side of me says, stick to the plan! Let young dudes develop, just as Hextall says. I think Hexy is doing as good a job as he can, given the horrible contracts Homer stuck him with. But man, if it's a trade--Gudas and BSchenn for Backes--I wouldn't blame Hexy if he pulled the trigger on it (even though he hints heavily that he won't in the article.)

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2...hextall_a.html
    You're my boy, Blue.

Here's the thing about Blues players - they think the season ends in April. they all reek of shit in the postseason.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

That's true...

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Here's the thing about Blues players - they think the season ends in April. they all reek of shit in the postseason.
      but being free of Hitchcock might make Backes not want to end his season so early. I also think he'd bring accountability. G and Simmonds are not the most effective leaders. But I see what you're saying. The Blues do mail it in as soon as Doc Emerick starts talking about hockey's second season.
      You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

My thinking is that the only way they do that

is if the Blues take on one of those boat anchor contracts like macdonald or vinny
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          is if the Blues take on one of those boat anchor contracts like macdonald or vinny
          Now that would be a perfect scenario. MacDonald is salvageable as a third pairing guy but Vinny is the Ryan Howard of the team. Huge contract that nobody wants for the shell of a once great player.
          You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Well, they had a deal with Nashville

last offseason to trade Vinny, but ownership nixed the deal because they were still pissed about the Weber offer sheet.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Wakey Wakey

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                Brilliant moment by Duncan Keith.
                You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Working...
                X