I think they should go defensive head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they should go defensive head coach

Get this defense back to the '90s early 2000's, Pat Schumer is not a bad offensive coordinator and can work with most of the offensive players on the team and might even get a lot more out of them then chip.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

That's my preference, too. There is a big pile of OCs being cited as head coach worthy...but this team (and the fans) likes it's defense.

Comment

Who is out there other than McDermott? This would probably be my preference too, but I have some reservations about Opie...
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Here's the rub

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
        Get this defense back to the '90s early 2000's, Pat Schumer is not a bad offensive coordinator and can work with most of the offensive players on the team and might even get a lot more out of them then chip.
        If you go defensive head coach, and let's pick three of the names out there: Fangio, Austin, Ginger.

Will any of them actually call defensive plays? Or will they simply install their style of defense?

Comment

There's a name that hasn't been mentioned at all, and I'm wondering if he would be a decent fit: Mike Caldwell. He's been doing defensive position coaching for a while now (including a stint with the Eagles), and he's been "assistant head coach" under Todd Bowles this year. He might not be THE guy, but I'd love it if the FO would at least have him in for an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            If you go defensive head coach, and let's pick three of the names out there: Fangio, Austin, Ginger.

Will any of them actually call defensive plays? Or will they simply install their style of defense?
            Do any head coaches call defensive plays? I feel like a lot of DCs call the game from the booth so if they get a defensive head coach they still need a good coordinator.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

McDermott isn't coming here

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              Who is out there other than McDermott? This would probably be my preference too, but I have some reservations about Opie...
              They scapegoated him in 2009 and Smolenski fired his brother a few years later. I don't think he'll leave Carolina, he's in an ideal situation there.

Comment

If they go defense, they gotta get Fangio. Not a fan of McDermott. I want Adam Gase the most.

Comment

mike patricia from new england is a possibility. i know belichick disciples have a poor track record but so did coaches from college.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

You're gonna get a dogshit unproven coach and...

....you'll spend another couple of years going through growing pains with a clueless asshole. That's the Lurie way. "collaboration" is code for "asshole I can control."

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                      ....you'll spend another couple of years going through growing pains with a clueless asshole. That's the Lurie way. "collaboration" is code for "asshole I can control."
                      i thought it was code for, "the team is in receivership and my lawyer is in charge."
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Don't worry, I have the same "source" inside

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        the organization as Les Bowen, Lurie isn't high on McDermott, not a big fan of gingers, according to my source.
                        You think its a joke!?!

Comment

Working...
                        X