I think I prefer Shurmur more than anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I prefer Shurmur more than anyone

I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the choices, but I think Shurmur might be our best bet. They could promote Duce to OC and hopefully bring in a good DC (maybe Pettine). Pederson is basically a glorified QB coach in KC and their offense hasn't been good. I don't think Coughlin is a fit at this point.

I'm with you. And a big hell no to Coughlin.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
      I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the choices, but I think Shurmur might be our best bet. They could promote Duce to OC and hopefully bring in a good DC (maybe Pettine). Pederson is basically a glorified QB coach in KC and their offense hasn't been good. I don't think Coughlin is a fit at this point.
      They may be leaning that way.

I'm of the belief they want somebody of the Andy Reid (FF) type and Shurmur does fill that role.

But if you hire him I think you have to bring Bradford back. I wouldn't want to lose that continuity.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        They may be leaning that way.

I'm of the belief they want somebody of the Andy Reid (FF) type and Shurmur does fill that role.

But if you hire him I think you have to bring Bradford back. I wouldn't want to lose that continuity.
        Absolutely.

Comment

I guess. I'd welcome some fresh ideas in the OC spot, though.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
              I guess. I'd welcome some fresh ideas in the OC spot, though.
              Just seems like they're really enamored with Duce.

Comment

Just seems like they're really enamored with Duce.
                I think the jump from RB coach to OC is a big one. It would be better for Duce long-term to get a move to WR coach or something for a few years, but the rumor that he requested the HC interview makes me think he wants to move up quicker than that.

I wonder if there's a way to hire Pederson and still retain Shurmur as OC. Let Shurmur have some autonomy on offense, and let Pederson focus on big picture stuff. I'd be very content with that as long as we got a quality DC.

Comment

What I want to see about as much as a new HC is that POS

Billy Davis out of here...IMO from the eye test we couldn't stop anybody...offense would have to outscore people but our defense was brutal and pathetic

Comment

What's the one thing Shurmur does exceptionally well?

I can't think of anything. I'd like to think the next head coach will be really great at something.

Comment

If Shurmur gets the gig would he be less inclined to can Davis? That's enough for me to retract my official endorsement.

Comment

I would put that as a caveat that davis is gone, I like Shurmur he is familiar with the players and can craft an offense with some of the fat fucks and some of chips. It might be the best option right now.
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                          I would put that as a caveat that davis is gone, I like Shurmur he is familiar with the players and can craft an offense with some of the fat fucks and some of chips. It might be the best option right now.
                          This.

Comment

I'm on record as being fine with Shurmur. Bradford would likely stay, which I think is a good thing (until he blows his ACL). I don't think there is any way the next coach keeps Davis. No way.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

U know how igglephans work! U either with Shurm or the Cough! Can't be on record with both.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X