Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone still want us to sign Bradford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    My problem is that I don't see them being bad enough to get a really high draft pick. I mean they were dysfunctional this past season and still won 7 games.
    How many teams need a QB that most likely will have a crappier record? I assume two or three QBs will go in the first round this year. That may put teams like the Browns, 49ers, and Rams out of the running next year. How many bad teams are out there that need a QB after that? This isn't typical but it's worth noting.

Comment

At first I was let him walk.....

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
      I say franchise him and get your 2nd rounder back from another team for him. Sign a geezer, draft a QB
      ....but now agree with your thoughts. Tag him and trade him....get some value,

Not sure a 2nd will work but at least a 3rd would help.

I wouldn't trade him until draft time as insurance, get a rookie first.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

If they (not we) let him walk, they get a compensatory pick for him. All is not lost. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          If they (not we) let him walk, they get a compensatory pick for him. All is not lost. Just saying.
          I have complete confidence that they would turn this 5th rounder into an all-pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
            I have complete confidence that they would turn this 5th rounder into an all-pro.

Of course they would, but the ALL PRO title would come after 2 years here of non-productivity and then left go to another club.

Comment

hahaha

My bad. All is lost.

Comment

It is if that pick is under Roseman's control.

Comment

THats the perfect reason to keep Sanchez and play him next season over Bradford. You're guaranteed to suck and better your chance of improving faster with higher picks. This team needs to be blown up. Strip it to the foundation and start over. It cannot just find a few guys here or there and win a title. They (we) are so far away from being on Carolina, AZ, and sesttle's level it's comical.

1. Giving $20m (or more) to Bradford is short sighted and a complete waste of good cap $$. This team is old and devoid of talent at several key positions. It's gotta be rebuilt now, not in a couple years.
                  2. You wanna bet on I am Sam ever staying healthy? I wouldn't. Good chance Sanchez plays significant minutes next year anyway
                  3. Let Sanchez take the beating behind this OL for a fraction of the price. Use those savings to extend Fletcher Cox. He's the 1st priority I would have if I was Pederson. I'd cut a lot of the older guys. Demeco, Cooper, probably Peters if he's not open to moving to Guard. He's a tough cut but I think he will see more time on sidelines from today forward than on the field.
                  4. Odds are this team will stink with or without Bradford. Try to get a pick for him if at all possible. Houston would probably give up a 2 since its lower in the round. ESP after hoyer's showing vs KC. If not I'll take anything I can get if it'll be better compensation than the NFL would give them (us) in future
                  5. Look at the final 4 teams left. Common thread: legit franchise QB. There's at least 1 available in 2017. Just thinking about Deshaun Watson in philly gets me fired up.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-20-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

The one issue

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                    ....but now agree with your thoughts. Tag him and trade him....get some value,

Not sure a 2nd will work but at least a 3rd would help.

I wouldn't trade him until draft time as insurance, get a rookie first.
                    Is that until they deal him, he would tie up a ton of our cap space and possibly prevent us from doing other deals. Other issue is the risk that he decides to take the franchise contract for a year and roll the dice. $20+M guaranteed for a single year with the ability to turn it into another deal next year has to be at least a bit tempting.

Comment

No, not at $25 million

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                      I say franchise him and get your 2nd rounder back from another team for him. Sign a geezer, draft a QB
                      I would not hold out help, that the Eagles could get a pick for him with a tag. We need to find a second tier guy and game manager until Pederson can draft his guy.

Comment

The flip side of the coin that no one has mentioned is this;

Does Bradford even want to stay here? The OC that wanted him here is gone, and his RB buddy that wanted to come here to play with him is disgruntled?

That was the biggest reason I was pushing for Shurmur as HC, it would have eliminated these issues.

Comment

Rube appears to have read my post.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...ook-qb-stopgap

Comment

Unless Pederson loves him, there really isn't much of a point. He's probably a better fit in Houston.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                            X