Don't like Heath Evans but he wound up being right about Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't like Heath Evans but he wound up being right about Chip

Has some thoughts on team's talent & Bradford. Disagree with 12 wins. This OL was putrid and biggest reason they got their Dick's kicked in.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...ath_evans.html

What he says is why I think may be unrealistic to expect the Eagles to tank this season.

The tank was LAST season with so many of the players hating Chip Kelly and his methods and therefore quitting as a result.

Having said that: with Howie in charge of the F. O. and scouting, and lacking a second round pick, it may very well be possible they bring in no new talent this off season. So maybe the tank part deux takes place in 2017. Or maybe more realistically the Eagles are always doomed to be a dysfunctional franchise.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This team is too stupid to purposely throw games as you've seen the last games of the last two seasons. Fortunately for those of us who want the tank, Howie is still here and Pederson will have his growing pains...to say the least. I know injuries can change the strength of schedule but so far it appears to be a rough road. I'll take a year with Mark Sanchez or Chase Daniel. Don't look now but there are a lot more fans in the city warming up to the tanking strategy. Imagine that.

If Howie had any balls, he would let Bradford walk and find a way to send Roach packing and remove even more of Chip's stench from this team.

Comment

Agree. I think they have too much talent to tank. I suppose if they let Bradford walk it could happen. My concern is the same as yours - with Howie in charge of personnel and Lurie apparently clueless, I fear that it will be a slow, painful decline with poor personnel choices dooming them into perpetual Cowboys/Foreskin territory.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

If they resign/franchise Bradford, we'll be looking at another 7-9 or 8-8 season. Purgatory.

Comment

While Hinkie doesn't know how to completely tank and will most likely never get 'lucky' enough to win the lottery, he understands what it takes to win. Hextall understands the importance of getting rid of declining players, building through the draft, and doing the complete opposite of Holmgren. The jury is still out on Klentak but he's not Amaro so that's a positive.

The Eagles have made no progress and Howie is still in the picture. As a result, this team is furthest away from winning a title. Anyone who wants Bradford here doesn't understand what it takes to win a title.
            Last edited by Snakebitten; 02-06-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Football players can't tank....................

The film keeps them honest because players who quit will not find work.

Comment

While players may not tank, teams can tank. I remember this game specifically at the end of the 2014 season. The Bucs were trying to secure the #1 overall pick to get a QB. They had a 20-7 halftime lead. They made adjustments to make sure they lost.

As promised, Bucs coach Lovie Smith gave more playing time than usual to some of his younger players, particularly in the second half.
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554443

The Colts did the same thing in 2011 to get Luck. It happens a lot but the NFL isn't going to address it. If the Eagles want to tank, go with Sanchez and let's see more of the young guys including Marcus Smith. If Dallas can win 4 games after winning the division, why not the 7-9 Eagles? Is Matt Cassel available?

Comment

predict eagles coach will fail

genius!

Comment

Working...
                  X