Transition Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition Tags

Washington may elect to transition tag Kirk Cousins today. It looks like he is a little better than Badford. So why not transition tag Badford and negotiate with Cousins? they could keep Cousins if he signs and Washington doesnt match or, conversely, see what happens with Badford negotiating with other teams? Seems like the Eagles could actually expand their options if Washington isnt able to secure a deal with Cousins. Also, with double the cap spce as Washington, the Eagles could make Washingtons ability to retain its QB a debilitating endeavor.

worst case scenario is the Eagles get stuck overpaying for Badford (while Washington is forced to pay what the Eagles would pay their QB) on a one year deal or they balk at prices and go the Chase Daniels route (which a lot of people seem to want anyways).

I havent paid too much attention to Cousins but he looked like the better QB when Washington played the Eagles.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Cousins was good at home, but abysmal on the road. I think Cousins is good, not great, which, I suppose, could be said about Bradford.

One thing I saw in the paper this morning that I had not heard is that the Texans have said they are not interested in Bradford. It seems like the market for him is not as big as originally thought and his price may therefore be coming down.

The way I'm looking at it at this point is that if they do sign Bradford, at least they'll have a shot to win the division and get a home playoff game next year. Not sure the same can be said if they go with a guy like Daniel or rely on a rookie. So there's that. I'd still like them to draft a qb regardless, but not with their first pick.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The Insensitives are no longer enamored with Bob, they are looking to move Cousins (or trying to at least get the last word on the guy when he hits free agency), and their third option is...well...Colt McCoy. And in all the mocks I've seen, the "experts" have them going after anything BUT a quarterback. Bizarre.

Comment

I think Bradford is great

The guy came back from injury, worked out the kinks with a POS offensive line in a totally new system, and finished the last 6 or 7 games of the season as a top 10 quarterback. He's still young. You KNOW what he's capable of. There is STILL upside to this guy. I say get offensive line help in free agency and the draft. That to me is the glaring weakness of this team. Fix THAT this offseason and I truly believe we're a playoff team. That's right, I said WE'RE!

Comment

Need to upgrade his targets as well. The receivers are just as big a weakness as the line, IMO. I do think he is a good qb. His first year off the injuries, new coach and system (a predictable, vanilla system), bad o-line and receivers. When you look at it that way, you can make a case that his second half of the season was actually pretty impressive. He's not great, but given what's out there and the available qb's in the draft, I can't kill the Eagles for re-signing him.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            The guy came back from injury, worked out the kinks with a POS offensive line in a totally new system, and finished the last 6 or 7 games of the season as a top 10 quarterback. He's still young. You KNOW what he's capable of. There is STILL upside to this guy. I say get offensive line help in free agency and the draft. That to me is the glaring weakness of this team. Fix THAT this offseason and I truly believe we're a playoff team. That's right, I said WE'RE!
            Didnt you get the feeling that Cousins was the younger, better QB in that late season game where he dropped 350 yards and 4 TDs on the Eagles? And that game was in Philly.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

The Philadelphia Eagles were 6-8 coming off a......

...bad loss against the Cardinals. They were DONE at that point.

Comment

He just got the Franchise tag

he looked good against struggling defenses and less than average against the better ones,,,let them over pay him.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                X