Chip Trotsky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    this purge makes Howie look less to me like a Stalinesque strongman and more like a vindictive pencil-necked geek.

He has now set himself up for a scenario where he better become the Hero of the Beach on draft day:

That's why you never heard a peep outta him all last year, he was in the basement closet, running every imaginable scenario through Madden.

Nobody is going to kick sand in his face any more!

Comment

I called it nerd on nerd violence.

Comment

this purge makes Howie look less to me like a Stalinesque strongman and more like a vindictive pencil-necked geek
        You think the Birds should have kept those guys? I don't see vindictiveness at all, just some slick GM-ing. He didn't send Bradford out in the fishing boat.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I was thinking about this this morning. We're all happy because these guys were bums but how much of this is just Howie being vindictive? He doesn't have Tom Gamble to fire so he's firing all of Chip's players. I'm glad to have the Chip stench gone either way.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

A) Murray is a fucking roach, but he was not given maximum scurrying opportunity in Kelly's offense and I'd actually like to see Maxwell play in Schwartz's defense (shit, any defense sans Billy Davis, for that matter).

B) Your statement that he doesn't have Gamble to dump so he's dumping Chips players seems to support my idea that he's doing it, to an appreciable degree, to piss on Chip (ie. vindictiveness).
            Last edited by slag; 03-08-2016, 12:52 PM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hmmm ... appears in your relentless defense of all things Howie you have endorsed Kelly's pick up of Bradford.

Comment

I see a bunch of guys with bad contracts being given the ol' heave ho. That's fine by me.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I was agreeing with you. I've said elsewhere that I was willing to give any defensive player a second chance. Davis may be one of the worst d coordinators in NFL history.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He does love him some Howie.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

That would be
                      "Mr. Howard Roseman" to you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        I was thinking about this this morning. We're all happy because these guys were bums but how much of this is just Howie being vindictive? He doesn't have Tom Gamble to fire so he's firing all of Chip's players. I'm glad to have the Chip stench gone either way.

Let's see if he dumps Mathews? I like the guy and think he could do well with a better line, he busted his ass last year for every yard he got, if Howie dumps him, then I think it's personal, if he doesn't, I think it's been good management so far.

Comment

Hmmm ... appears in your relentless defense of all things Howie you have endorsed Kelly's pick up of Bradford.
                          Haven't seen a mistake yet. I'm lukewarm on Bradford but they didn't give him the ranch and a competent QB makes sense to help Pedey get established. Murray didn't want to be here, had an awful contract and it made sense to dump a running back. I thought it would be Matthews because of the contract. Maxwell was another overpaid underperformer.

Not only that but Eagles get some picks and the Roach doesn't go back to Dallas. Advantage Howie.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

My bad ... misread your second sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              Haven't seen a mistake yet. I'm lukewarm on Bradford but they didn't give him the ranch and a competent QB makes sense to help Pedey get established. Murray didn't want to be here, had an awful contract and it made sense to dump a running back. I thought it would be Matthews because of the contract. Maxwell was another overpaid underperformer.

Not only that but Eagles get some picks and the Roach doesn't go back to Dallas. Advantage Howie.

Roach doesn't even play in the division, Advantage Howie, not many revenge game chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X