No announcement yet.

WOOOOO South Dakota State!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me it is scary stupid and, frankly, creepy that their strategy appears to be mimicking that no-closing fat fuck at any cost.

So, I have to place my faith in the blind squirrel/broken clock rule.

Love it ... don't you?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hey, sometimes all you can do is grab your ankles and hold on.

I just can't blow a gasket about things I can't control.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Yeah, I'm just extremely skeptical. I have very little faith in Roseman. I'm more optimistic about Pederson and this staff's ability to develop a quarterback. 1999 is the comparison that everyone wants to use, which is fine, but McNabb was a top 5 QB in the league for 4-5 years. Will Wentz be that? Also, Bradford isn't a Doug Pederson type place holder. All of these QB moves, taken together, don't make much sense to me.
        Actually, it sort of makes sense in a f'd up Howie way.

Bradford is signed for 2 years and Daniels 3. The eagles were probably thinking the entire time of getting a qb in this draft but Bradford and Daniels were the back up plans.

Bradford for just this year and then if they didn't get their qb in this draft...they would next year, release Bradford and then have that qb sit behind Daniels.

I don't know much about Wentz to be honest. I did see that he broke a bone in his throwing hand/wrist and played the rest of the game with the injury...so apparently he's gotta be fairly tough.

Beyond that...no real clue...but it's better than getting a guy in the 4th round and hoping they develop him.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
          Not what I'm saying at all.

I'm just saying I feel good about the position they are in to possibly draft a franchise QB. This is the only way to do it, you don't get them through FA and rarely through the later rounds of the draft, especially the way these guys draft.

For better or worse I'm in favor of what they did yesterday.
          If you're going to go all out and get your franchise QB, the time to do it is in the new coach's first season.

It's a perfectly logical move. Even at this cost.

Now it's on Wentz. The deal will only be as good or bad as he turns out to be.

Comment

The more I read about Wentz....

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
            I usually agree with you but not here. Do more HW on him.

I'm glad big dick howie has the balls to attempt to get an elite QB. If it fails do did everything else we have ever done. Fuck a status quo
            The more I read, he has a lot of talent, and seems to be able to do everything a NFL franchise QB can do. However, QB needy Cleveland passed and don't give me RGIII nonsense.

I feel this buys Pederson a 5 year plan. Wentz will sit year one, and compete in 17, start in 18. Maybe Bradford plays lights out. and our pick next year is in the last part of the draft.

I said yesterday... I feel nothing... and still do.

let the games begin.

Comment

The dudes on NFLN all universally liked the move. Mycock loved it.

Time will tell.

Hate giving up picks but if it's Roseman making them they're probably worthless anyway.

Comment

That's one way I have been trying to rationalize it. Doing this means Howie only has to hit on one really important pick as opposed to a bunch of picks.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  The dudes on NFLN all universally liked the move. Mycock loved it.

Time will tell.

Hate giving up picks but if it's Roseman making them they're probably worthless anyway.
                  It's not that bad though. They went from having 9 picks this year to having 7. It's a first next year and a 2nd the year after.

They will still have about 15 picks this year and next year combined.

I don't know much about Wentz but to be honest...I'm completely fine with the deal. Pederson wanted his own qb to develop. I don't blame him.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Now it's on Wentz. The deal will only be as good or bad as he turns out to be.
                    This is what it comes down to. I guess at some point it'll be time to stop complaining (speaking for myself) and just sit back and enjoy it.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He's no Jackrabbit...

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      at least he has a pedigree!!! BISON!!!
                      And Goober couldn't even beat my alma mater.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure the Browns are the authority to trust
                        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                        X