Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Pat
    replied
    Phills have some decent pitching this year. Hang on to everyone. Hard to find in this day and age.

Leave a comment:

• Loki
    replied
    And?

Leave a comment:

• JuTMSY4
    replied
    The phillies choose the QO gambit I think. Not sure I agree, but hard to say w/o seeing what they were offered. I think the thought process is that unless they could get a top 30-50 prospect for him, they'd rather go the QO route.

That of course means we need him to continue to pitch well, decline the QO and sign elsewhere (no small feat). The starter market this winter is hot garbage and Hellickson has a case for being the 2nd best starter available. Plus, last year a guy like Wei-Yin Chen (of the 4.99 ERA this year) signed for 80/5.

Phils are betting on hellickson pitching well. If he continues, they'll get a pick for him.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 08-02-2016, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    He'd have to clear waivers.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Not if he takes it.

Although I think I heard Boras is his agent and the FA starting pitcher market is thin so there's a good chance he rejects it.

Leave a comment:

• Loki
    replied
    Or perhaps a deal later in the season. Still could happen.

Leave a comment:

• ThreeHeadedMonster
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post
    You think Hellickson is a piece of the Phillies' future plans?
    I don't.. but I think they make out better with a QO than dealing him at the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    You think Hellickson is a piece of the Phillies' future plans?

Leave a comment:

• ThreeHeadedMonster
    replied
    Or perhaps he'd prefer in the off season to make a qualifying offer in hopes Hellickson returns.. And in that case if he doesn't the Phils end up with a draft pick somewhere around 30-50... So unless he was offered something better than those options I can't say I blame him...
    Last edited by ThreeHeadedMonster; 08-01-2016, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony
    replied
    Overvaluing his talent. Hellickson is what he is which is mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    started a topic WTF is Klentak doing?

WTF is Klentak doing?

Or more precisely, not doing.
Working...
X