RIP Jose Fernandez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jose Fernandez

Absolutely tragic. Horrible loss for baseball and Cuban community as a whole.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    I am having a hard time processing this, I cannot recall an active athlete of his stature dying in my lifetime (just turned 33). This ranks up there with Roberto Clemente's death...if anything it may be even more tragic since Clemente at least played a full career before passing away.
    Last edited by 06hawkalum; 09-25-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Just heard

On WIP the story of how he jumped off the boat on its way to South Florida to save his mother's life when she went overboard. Tragically ironic. Very sad. Big loss. Marlins-Braves canceled for today.
      Last edited by BirdsInNC; 09-25-2016, 10:09 AM.
      "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
        I am having a hard time processing this, I cannot recall an active athlete of his stature dying in my lifetime (just turned 33). This ranks up there with Roberto Clemente's death...if anything it may be even more tragic since Clemente at least played a full career before passing away.
        Pelle Lindbergh comes to mind

Comment

Him and Thurman Munson. Len Bias was shocking but he wasn't a legit pro yet, just had massive potential as 2nd overall pick.

Just insane. So sad. Loved watching that kid pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
            Jerome and Pelle Lindbergh are the closest comparisons I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              24 Years old and his whole career and new baby ahead of him just taken away, very sad. RIP.

Comment

Working...
              X