Dorenbos done for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorenbos done for the year

bring Bartrum out of retirement so that Zubaz can break his jersey out of storage.

In 55 years of being kicked in the ass by this team losing two long snappers in a game may take the cake. Trying guys out on the sideline...only could happen to the Eagles.

And Mychal Kendricks trying to learn how to snap so he can get on the field is priceless.
    Last edited by 1960; 12-12-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
      bring Bartrum out of retirement so that Zubaz can break his jersey out of storage.
      What options are there for long snappers right now?

I get your sentiment, but now that the season is effectively over I think you have to bring in a young player or try to see if a young player on the roster now can assume the role.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Haha!! I sat there watching the impromptu auditions and could only think of the Benny Hill Yakkety Sax
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-12-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

He tied the record for consecutive games played by an Eagles player yesterday.

Now he can't break it ... pretty zany.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

That is crazy. Gonna be a trivia question for future generations of fans.
            --------

Comment

At this point I fully expect Lurie and Roseman to bring in a former Army ranger to do it just to alleviate some of the poison darts being thrown their way.

We will never, and I mean EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR, see a Lombardy in Philly with him as owner and Boy Blunder as GM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Makes total sense with this franchise.

Comment

What puzzled me

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  That is crazy. Gonna be a trivia question for future generations of fans.
                  Is how is it necessary to use Celek and/or Burton when we have both Kelce and Wiesnewski on the roster.

If a center can snap a ball in shotgun, how is it possible that they can't go a few extra yards for a kick? I understand not being the everyday guy, but you would think one of those two would be better emergency options than Burton, no?

I was kidding about Bartrum return.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                    Is how is it necessary to use Celek and/or Burton when we have both Kelce and Wiesnewski on the roster.

If a center can snap a ball in shotgun, how is it possible that they can't go a few extra yards for a kick? I understand not being the everyday guy, but you would think one of those two would be better emergency options than Burton, no?

I was kidding about Bartrum return.
                    I know you were kidding about Bartrum. It's funny though, Bartrum's name did come up during the pregame gayte!

Re: Kelce, IMO the guy has been off with shotgun snaps all year, so I can see why you might not trust him with a long snap.

It will be interesting to see what the plan is the rest of the season.
                    --------

Comment

It's a different snap. The shotgun snap is blind and one handed. The emphasis is on consistency. Many shotgun snaps don't even spiral but are sort of lobbed. The long snap on kicks is sighted and is a two-hand spiral. While of course accuracy is paramount, getting it to the holder as quickly as possible is also desired.

Comment

Working...
                      X