Time to trade Ertz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to trade Ertz

Last straw for me was catching that 4th down pass short a couple weeks ago. Cant stand plays like that. Can't stand the no YAC. DG is a step up at this point.

Trade the softie while you can get something for him
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Yep. Magic is gone.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Trade Wentz too.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Panicking we are...
        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Better to be a year early saying goodbye than a year late.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

If you think Ertz and Wentz are the issues with this team then football is not a sport you should be watching. Aside from Kelce there is no better TE in the game and ya I would love to see this team with Dakota Prescott or Goff or Haskins or who the fuck do you want at the helm??
            Last edited by Spartan92; 10-13-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              Last straw for me was catching that 4th down pass short a couple weeks ago. Cant stand plays like that. Can't stand the no YAC. DG is a step up at this point.

Never been a fan
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Will never happen, they've oversold the Zach and Julie thing.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things Ertz is pretty far down the list of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

I was also saying this today. Totally one dimensional. Stat padder that gets no YAC and hasn’t ever completed a block. Would yield a decent YOUNGER return and yes DG is better
                    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

yeah the 3 plays before that 4th down play netted 1 yard......1 fucin yard!!! all his fault.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post

I was also saying this today. Totally one dimensional. Stat padder that gets no YAC and hasn’t ever completed a block. Would yield a decent YOUNGER return and yes DG is better
                        He gets a bit of a break from me b/c the SuperBowl, but like I said I've never been a fan.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                          In the grand scheme of things Ertz is pretty far down the list of problems.
                          It's not so much that Ertz is a problem. It's that they stupidly used a high draft pick on a second TE with no concept or plan to incorporate him into the offense (similar to the way they stupidly traded a 3rd round pick for a second slot receiver last year with no concept or plan to incorporate him into the offense). They're not a Super Bowl team, or even a playoff team. They don't need two high-level Tight Ends, and Ertz would be the sensible one to move on from given his age, cost, and the potential return.

It actually makes sense. But this team specializes in sentimentality and keeping players long past their expiration dates, so there's no way it'll happen.

Comment

I’m not sure there’s a market for a highly-paid TE in his 7th season. Maybe a 3rd or a 4th.

I don’t mind the Goedert pick. I do mind the Tate pick. They traded for a slot receiver when they already had a decent one on the roster.

Comment

I don't mind the Goedert pick from a talent standpoint. From a team-building standpoint, I do. This is an old team that lost most of its stop-gap mercenaries from the title season. It's not a disastrous pick like Sidney Jones, but it was frivolous. And I absolutely mind that he's probably a better player than Ertz and being completely wasted in this offense.

A 3rd is about what I'd expect in return. The pick, the cap relief, and making Goedert a bigger focal point of the offense would all be beneficial, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X