Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Undlin still the secondary coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Undlin still the secondary coach?

Didn't he inherit a backfield full of Pro Bowler free agents in Denver? None of the young DBs have improved. The 2 best DBs on the team are still 2 FAs signed years ago (Jenkins and McLeod). Patrick Robinson, one of the few other bright spots was also a FA. Honestly, the only DB they've drafted since 2010 that was ever good was Brandon Boykin, and a hip injury ended his career early.
    Last edited by Melchior; 10-13-2019, 06:26 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

I started wondering about that when Douglas got abused by miles Boykin

Comment

I honestly think this depends on whether you think not having darby, mills and leblanc matters. It probably does, but not that much.

Comment

Really, this goes back to 2010. They haven't had a good CB since Asante Samuel (DRC barely played). It's an organizational shortcoming, but obviously Undlin was not the fix. And it's not just their play, but lack of coaching. Not knowing that they can knock WRs on their ass when the QB leaves the pocket. Constantly biting on fakes, etc. Jenkins shouldn't have to be coaching up guys on the field who have been in the defense for 3+ years.
        Last edited by Melchior; 10-13-2019, 11:07 PM.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
          Didn't he inherit a backfield full of Pro Bowler free agents in Denver? None of the young DBs have improved. The 2 best DBs on the team are still 2 FAs signed years ago (Jenkins and McLeod). Patrick Robinson, one of the few other bright spots was also a FA. Honestly, the only DB they've drafted since 2010 that was ever good was Brandon Boykin, and a hip injury ended his career early.
          What, you don't like the technique where they never turn their head around or play the ball?

Comment

Working...
          X