X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple guy goes #1 overall

https://twitter.com/XFLRoughnecks/st...77711892975616

I mean, XFL, but still...haha

I'm pretty shocked the annual salary is only $55,000. That's chump change (which is fitting I guess when you look at the 'talent' they're drafting).

Would you play for that? I honestly don't think I would.

EDIT: bwah!! Connor Cook went #2 overall. This league is proper fucked! ESP's boy Cardale Jones going to the DC team. Will immediately be the best QB in that city.

I do not understand the locations they picked. why would you ever put an XFL team in a city that already has NFL? That's moronic.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-15-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I think the rationale with picking cities with teams is that they already have stadiums. No city is going to build a stadium for a league that has a high probability of failure.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        I think the rationale with picking cities with teams is that they already have stadiums. No city is going to build a stadium for a league that has a high probability of failure.
        Use cities that have that infrastructure already in place. Tampa and St. Louis were smart picks. Why LA over San Diego? San Antonio would have been smart choice over Houston. that's 4 right there that have large populations and no NFL interference.

Tampa supported USFL better than any other city back in the 80's, so they'll probably do ok. Could have put a team in a couple of the vacated AAF spots perhaps. I don't know, i just think majority of these teams will have a real hard time surviving in existing NFL cities.

Does Portland have a 40k-50k stadium already in place? i doubt Civic Stadium where the Breakers played is still upright!

OKC is a big city.

LA doesn't give a flying F about the NFL teams that are there now so why put XFL squad there? Good luck.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-15-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Lol, Pumphrey to DC. Nice work Howie and Joe.

Comment

Absolutely agree about SD and San Antonio.

When they announced the league, I thought this was an awesome chance to engage smaller markets (OKC/Tulsa, Omaha, Des Moines,Columbus, etc), but it looks like they're banking on fans in larger markets who can't afford NFL games, or are going through football withdraw.

FWIW, I picked up season tickets to the Battlehawks. I'll be third row, center end zone and the pair of tickets cost me $300 total.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Use cities that have that infrastructure already in place. Tampa and St. Louis were smart picks. Why LA over San Diego? San Antonio would have been smart choice over Houston. that's 4 right there that have large populations and no NFL interference.

Tampa supported USFL better than any other city back in the 80's, so they'll probably do ok. Could have put a team in a couple of the vacated AAF spots perhaps. I don't know, i just think majority of these teams will have a real hard time surviving in existing NFL cities.

Does Portland have a 40k-50k stadium already in place? i doubt Civic Stadium where the Breakers played is still upright!

OKC is a big city.

LA doesn't give a flying F about the NFL teams that are there now so why put XFL squad there? Good luck.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              good enough for Diamond Joe to take in the 4th round of the NFL draft but only 7th round worthy in XFL. DC must have better scouting dept than eagles did.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                That's terrible.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                X