There will be an absurd number of incredible WR in the draft this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be an absurd number of incredible WR in the draft this year

Draft is very deep at WR, which is at least partly why I don't think Howie wants to give up even a later 1st. Ags is gone tho.

This almost makes me nervous. Heard this about RBs in the 2017 draft and and they passed on some good ones for Sydney Jones. Wasn't this last draft a DL deep draft? Seems like Howie views "deep" as a reason to wait until the middle rounds to take that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
      This almost makes me nervous. Heard this about RBs in the 2017 draft and and they passed on some good ones for Sydney Jones. Wasn't this last draft a DL deep draft? Seems like Howie views "deep" as a reason to wait until the middle rounds to take that position.
      ,last years draft was deep at OT,,but I'm sure there were some good Dl
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        Draft is very deep at WR, which is at least partly why I don't think Howie wants to give up even a later 1st. Ags is gone tho.
        Makes sense to me. This is the second straight year that a field-stretching WR has been the biggest hole on offense.

Comment

Not unfair, but it feels top heavy. Just between bama and LSU theres possible 5 guys who could go in the first round. Not that many teams have that need, so I suppose there's potential later.

Comment

I hate what Howie did this offseason with the wr group . Nelson sucks. They extended Alshon and I'm praying that he's playing hurt to explain his shitty performances. A 32 year old DeSean is nice as far as sentimental value but apparently he's the lynch pin of the passing game? (BC)JJAW can't get on the field over Hollins or Nelson and those guys just so happen to be invisible. There are quite a few positions in need of address and wr is definitely one of them. I hope these guys somehow get their heads out of their asses.

Comment

Waiting until the middle rounds in 2017 was actually a decent strategy. Targeting the one guy who needed two phone books to see over the steering wheel was where things took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Thanks, #DiamondJoe.
              Last edited by The Duck; 10-18-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I don't care how deep the WR class is - if at least 2 out of the first 3 picks aren't DB and DL it will be a fuck up.

They went offense heavy on this last draft and now the talent on defense needs to be seriously restocked. Slot/burner will be a need but Alshon and DJax are still signed through next year. Meanwhile it's way too early to not factor JJAW in as a future starter.

Comment

Henry Ruggs III from Bama would be nice. Younger version of D Jax!
                  Last edited by Regal; 10-18-2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

I don't care how deep the WR class is - if at least 2 out of the first 3 picks aren't DB and DL it will be a fuck up.

They went offense heavy on this last draft and now the talent on defense needs to be seriously restocked. Slot/burner will be a need but Alshon and DJax are still signed through next year. Meanwhile it's way too early to not factor JJAW in as a future starter.
                    i have bad news for you.

Comment

i have bad news for you.
                      If WR is the clear strength of this draft, tap into it. Double dip if need be. Only drafting X in this or that round is as foolish and as limiting as drafting for need. Take what's there and stop fucking around with smarter-than-you strategery.

Comment

Working...
                      X