Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we still rooting for Dallas to extend all these guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by royal View Post
    They got curb stomped by the jets. They aren’t good. Eagles just suck.
    Did you know they had 5 pro bowlers out vs. the Jets and were a 2 point conversion away from tying the game & their kicker that nails 60 yard fgs missed a 39 yarder?

Comment

Originally posted by 5rings View Post
      Did you know they had 5 pro bowlers out vs. the Jets and were a 2 point conversion away from tying the game & their kicker that nails 60 yard fgs missed a 39 yarder?
      Impressive. I'm sure the Saints, who weren't missing anyone when they played Dallas, are trembling.

Comment

Their top guys are good. But going forward if they pay for Cooper and Dak, they’re going to have about 7 really good players, Dak, and a lot of mediocrity. If you don’t have an elite QB, you need a guy on a rookie contract to win these days. They locked up Collins, Smith, and Lawrence, Vanderbilt Esch is there a couple more years, but if they pay Dak and Cooper they really can’t spend any money anywhere else.

They probably have to choose one of Dak, Cooper and Jones going forward to maintain the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Sure it’s a cap thing, but people have been talking about it for a long time. People have been dismissing Dallas’s success due to the quality of their OL since DeMarco Murray in 2014. I’m not going to pretend to know their contracts and how long they’ve been there, but they’ve kept Frederick around. They’ve kept Martin around. They’ve kept Collins around. They’ve kept Smith around...

In short I disagree with the cap math thing.
          I'll bite. It's true re: oline, but if you pay your QB, RB, WR, DE and an LB huge money, you just can't do both. The falcons had this problem and now it's falling apart. The Rams are going to have this problem. The eagles, for better or worse, have been resistant to this, perhaps only because they believe that making the playoffs more frequently is a better approach. But ultimately, it depends on draft success (and timing).

Dallas can and almost definitely will resign Dak and Cooper and live with the Elliott and Lawrence contracts, but it's the middle of the team that takes a hit (unless you nail a lot of draft picks - which most teams not in New England don't really do). And then you start the cycle of dipping into the FA pool and looking at older players. Sometimes you get New England (who's the oldest team in the NFL) and sometimes you get the Eagles (the 2nd oldest).

Comment

The past two posts sum up what people have been saying for a long time. I understand it. I just disagree with it. The last time the Eagles beat a full-strength Dallas team was Thanksgiving 2014. Before that it was October/November 2011. And before that it was the 08 finale.

Much of this logic revolves around Garrett/Dak sucking. The latter increasingly appears not to be the case. Garrett also almost only loses to the Eagles if his starting QB is out.

Dallas has also been making good personnel moves for years on end. I'm not celebrating that they'll "only" be able to keep 7 great players when they've shown a propensity to let guys walk at the right time and draft capable replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

Dallas can and almost definitely will resign Dak and Cooper and live with the Elliott and Lawrence contracts, but it's the middle of the team that takes a hit (unless you nail a lot of draft picks - which most teams not in New England don't really do).
              Actually, Dallas has been the team nailing their draft picks, more than anyone except maybe the Saints. Their last four drafts have been tremendous. New England has been pretty pedestrian in recent years (though Chase Winovich alone makes them better than all of ours combined).

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                Eagles fans have been laughing at Dallas for years, while they've been killing draft after draft. Their QB may limit them, but they're head and shoulders more talented than this pile of wreckage that Hurricane Joe left in his wake.

Forget Dallas. The division is theirs for a couple of years. Doesn't matter, New Orleans will destroy them in the playoffs. Study what Lynch did in SF and be there to pick up the pieces when they fall. Forget the now. Work on the quick turnaround.
                absolutely sickening:
                http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...1200&type=team

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...3700&type=team

Comment

Watching Tony Pollard makes me physically ill. He's so much better than Miles Sanders it's retarded.

Comment

Actually, Dallas has been the team nailing their draft picks, more than anyone except maybe the Saints. Their last four drafts have been tremendous. New England has been pretty pedestrian in recent years (though Chase Winovich alone makes them better than all of ours combined).
                    Have they been? It's the right mix, but they don't have dick to show for it. I mean, maybe this is the year. But it sure doesn't look like it.

Comment

Have they been? It's the right mix, but they don't have dick to show for it. I mean, maybe this is the year. But it sure doesn't look like it.
                      Yes, they have been. Unequivocally. The fact that their coach and/or quarterback may limit their potential doesn't mean they're not nailing their picks. Their scouting and decision making on draft day have been exceptional.

Comment

Dallas and the Eagles recently both used second round picks on injured players who would have to sit a year. They got Jaylon Smith. We got Sydney Jones. Pretty much sums it up haha.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Dallas and the Eagles recently both used second round picks on injured players who would have to sit a year. They got Jaylon Smith. We got Sydney Jones. Pretty much sums it up haha.
                          They've also nailed a number of high picks. But their hit rate in the middle rounds looks about NFL average to me.

Comment

They've also nailed a number of high picks. But their hit rate in the middle rounds looks about NFL average to me.
                            You're right. They've hit their high round picks. '16, '17 and '18 were all really good draft. If you hit the first two rounds every year for a few years, it doesn't really matter what you do in the other rounds. Then you stumble upon your franchise QB in round 4 one year. It's a bummer.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 10-21-2019, 02:46 PM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

CB with a torn achilles vs. LB with an ACL = all the difference in the world.

Comment

Prescott, Maliek Collins, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, Xavier Woods, Michael Gallup, Tony Pollard were all middle rounders from the last four drafts. That's a solid hit rate for the crap shoot rounds, on top of the early round home runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X