Still will Win Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still will Win Division

This team will be getting healthier each week with who is out and coming back. Beat the division and beat the cunts when they come to Philly and we will win this division. Dallas already lost to Green Bay and the JETS who the Eagles beat. Hope is not lost.

Shut up. We aren't winning shit you delusional geriatric fuck. Take off the rose tinted goggles ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      This team will be getting healthier each week with who is out and coming back. Beat the division and beat the cunts when they come to Philly and we will win this division. Dallas already lost to Green Bay and the JETS who the Eagles beat. Hope is not lost.
      Ordinarily, I would disagree...however, you win the next 2 going into the bye (I don’t see it) and they are in decent shape.

Comment

No. Fucking. WAY.
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

It's definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            Yeah, I'm not ready to jump off a cliff just yet. If things stay the same, then sure, they'll win 6-7 games. But I've seen too many seasons (whether under Reid or Pederson) where they looked like absolute garbage and then managed to turn it around and make a run. The schedule gets easier on the back end. It's not inconceivable that they could turn it around. I'm not saying I'd bet on it, but it's too early to write the season off.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Yeah, I'm not ready to jump off a cliff just yet. If things stay the same, then sure, they'll win 6-7 games. But I've seen too many seasons (whether under Reid or Pederson) where they looked like absolute garbage and then managed to turn it around and make a run. The schedule gets easier on the back end. It's not inconceivable that they could turn it around. I'm not saying I'd bet on it, but it's too early to write the season off.
              Despite my avatar, I agree with this post.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I can't remember ever recovering from a two-game stretch as brutal as these last two weeks. And I can't see where this turnaround is going to come from.

I really think the Eagles should be sellers at this deadline. Denying the reality that you've been passed by not only teams like the Cowboys and the 49ers, but by the Cardinals, is just going to unnecessarily prolong the era we're backsliding into. If a little short term pain is what we need to get a youth/talent/coaching infusion, so be it. Get it over with now while you're looking at a lost season. Play the kids, evaluate what you have, and go into the offseason with a clear plan and a shitload of cap space. BCJJ should be out there, Dillard, Hall, Sweat, and Edwards need to be playing every week, Boston Scott should be your full-time return man & 3rd down back, etc. This doesn't require a complete tear-down and rebuild, but serious changes need to be made, and the sooner they make them, the better off they'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  This is a pretty deflating loss, but taking two from buffalo and Chicago are difficult but not impossible tasks. I don't expect either offense to run away with the game. Then, after the bye, they get a lot of home cookin' and a really soft schedule. If they can put it back together, week 16 home vs dallas might be the whole season.

ETA: It's worth noting they're in the midst of a really shitty road trip.
                  Last edited by JuTMSY4; 10-21-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Level of agreement: 37%
                    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I can't remember ever recovering from a two-game stretch as brutal as these last two weeks. And I can't see where this turnaround is going to come from.
                      Just last year they had a 2 game stretch where they lost at home to Dallas and then got demolished by the Saints to fall to 4-6. They won 5 out of 6, a road playoff game and if the anonymous source doesn't drop a routine catch into the defenders hands they might have avenged that Saints loss and been in the NFC title game.

I don't see where the turnaround is going to come from either but there is still a lot of season left and they are still only 1 game back in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post
                        Shut up. We aren't winning shit you delusional geriatric fuck. Take off the rose tinted goggles ffs.
                        One person who is a fake fan

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                          Ordinarily, I would disagree...however, you win the next 2 going into the bye (I don’t see it) and they are in decent shape.

correct

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Just last year they had a 2 game stretch where they lost at home to Dallas and then got demolished by the Saints to fall to 4-6. They won 5 out of 6, a road playoff game and if the anonymous source doesn't drop a routine catch into the defenders hands they might have avenged that Saints loss and been in the NFC title game.

I don't see where the turnaround is going to come from either but there is still a lot of season left and they are still only 1 game back in the East.
                            I know they've had had to back losses, but we haven't seen consecutive annihilations like this since the Tampa and Detroit games in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I agree with this. And the first of those losses was against a 3-5 Dallas team that everyone said needed a complete overhaul.

Buyers and sellers don't really exist in the NFL imo. The exception are teams that tank, but we've only seen that twice in NFL history (recent Browns, now Dolphins).

Fortunes change very fast in the NFL. A team with a good QB never thinks "rebuild" imo.

Concerning 2015, even that team beat the Pats and played itself into a de facto NFL East championship game.

Comment

Working...
                              X