Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melchior
    replied
    This forum is soft. And nothing about the Steelers players stomping on Garrett's head? And press charges? Are you serious?

Like, the game is one where a man broke his neck by driving his helmet so hard in to another player. Andre Johnson took off Finnegan's helmet and beat the fuck out of him. What is with this outrage over a glancing hit from a helmet? lol

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post

Although I doubt Rudolf presses charges, there are clearly ways to charge him criminally ... I was only referring to Garrett benefitting (with a criminal charge or an NFL sanction) from the fact that Rudolf didn't get hurt ... the potential for charging him with attempted this or that notwithstanding.
    Word. What's nuts is, what Pouncey did, when you take out the fact that Garrett still had his helmet on, was just as bad. He tried to stomp on his head. I think they play each other again in a few weeks. Hopefully all of the Steelers WR's are out of concussion protocol.

Leave a comment:

• Drama Queen
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
    Cracked him right in the head.. Never seen anything that messed up in a game like using a weapon. Dude should be tossed and charged with assault

Edit to add: tossed means for the year period !
    ​​​​
    My God! It looked like a Popeyes Chicken parking lot out there.

Leave a comment:

• TRENT
    replied
    saw the end of the game last night,,,craziest end of a football game i have seen in many years if any...absolute batshit

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Didn't a hockey player have charges pressed against him a few years ago. Garrett clearly committed what would be assault (and battery) in almost any other context. Shoot, not knowing Ohio's criminal statutes, you could make a case for aggravated assault. That's where the "could have" may come into play, right? I've been out of the game for a while so I may be off...
    Although I doubt Rudolf presses charges, there are clearly ways to charge him criminally ... I was only referring to Garrett benefitting (with a criminal charge or an NFL sanction) from the fact that Rudolf didn't get hurt ... the potential for charging him with attempted this or that notwithstanding.
    Last edited by slag; 11-15-2019, 10:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied

You never know, but I can't see this happening ... the fact that he was lucky and didn't hurt him is ... well, lucky for both of them.

If you get pissed at a guy and throw a rock ... it's a lesser assault charge if it grazes him, than a manslaughter case if it hits him in a way that kills him. Just the way it works. And the player's association is not going to let the NFL treat this as if Rudolph died.
    Didn't a hockey player have charges pressed against him a few years ago. Garrett clearly committed what would be assault (and battery) in almost any other context. Shoot, not knowing Ohio's criminal statutes, you could make a case for aggravated assault. That's where the "could have" may come into play, right? I've been out of the game for a while so I may be off...

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    That can never happen again. NFL needs to ban him for life and Rudolph should press charges. Look at it this way, if the helmet hit him in a different spot and killed him Garrett would have been arrested at the stadium and the NFL would have already announced the ban. The fact that Rudolph “got lucky” and emerged unscathed should have no impact on the punishment the league doles out.
    You never know, but I can't see this happening ... the fact that he was lucky and didn't hurt him is ... well, lucky for both of them.

If you get pissed at a guy and throw a rock ... it's a lesser assault charge if it grazes him, than a manslaughter case if it hits him in a way that kills him. Just the way it works. And the player's association is not going to let the NFL treat this as if Rudolph died.
    Last edited by slag; 11-15-2019, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Today on WIP: "Would any Eagles olineman go to Wentz's defense like the Steelers' olinemen did for Rudolph?"

The first things I thought after processing the basic WTF moment:

1) What would the national response be if an Eagles player did that?
    2) So much for Derek Barnett's short stint as a "dirty player"
    I know WIP is in the business of stirring shit but manufacturing a question about whether the Eagles Oline would back up Wentz if a DE hit him in the head with his fucking helmet is, frankly, stupider than usual for those guys.

Leave a comment:

• AthensEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post

I agree completely
    yup.

Leave a comment:

• HEREisAKERS
    replied
    Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    That can never happen again. NFL needs to ban him for life and Rudolph should press charges.
    I agree completely

Leave a comment:

• 06hawkalum
    replied
    That can never happen again. NFL needs to ban him for life and Rudolph should press charges. Look at it this way, if the helmet hit him in a different spot and killed him Garrett would have been arrested at the stadium and the NFL would have already announced the ban. The fact that Rudolph “got lucky” and emerged unscathed should have no impact on the punishment the league doles out.
    Last edited by 06hawkalum; 11-15-2019, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Today on WIP: "Would any Eagles olineman go to Wentz's defense like the Steelers' olinemen did for Rudolph?"

The first things I thought after processing the basic WTF moment:

1) What would the national response be if an Eagles player did that?
    2) So much for Derek Barnett's short stint as a "dirty player"
    Last edited by Pete; 11-15-2019, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied
    Passion, huh?

If there was ever a circumstance that an NFL player gets arrested for something on the field, this might be it.
    I went to bed after Cleveland scored again. Holy crap. That's insane. He'll be fortunate if his only punishment comes from the NFL.

On a side note, every qb needs a friend like #53.

Leave a comment:

• ishimonster
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

I assume you are being sarcastic cause this could have ended up very very bad for a number of people
    Obviously. That was insane. Rudolph is lucky it wasn't the crown of the helmet that came down on him because he could easily have been knocked out for the 2nd time this year.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

This defense is missing that type of passion
    I assume you are being sarcastic cause this could have ended up very very bad for a number of people

Leave a comment:

Working...
X