• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goedert

Needs to get his shit together.

He’s lucky that TD was a TD...

Comment

I didn’t think live there was any question it was a TD—he had control of the ball going into the endzone and continued to have control as his elbow then knee hit the ground. It was only then that the defender decided to grab the ball.

Comment

And that's why you keep Ertz. Funny how so many want Ertz gone thinking this guy is ready to be the #1 guy. Together they are lethal considering we can't draft WR for shit

Comment

Goedert lost control of the ball on that move tight end screen. He's careless with the ball

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
            And that's why you keep Ertz. Funny how so many want Ertz gone thinking this guy is ready to be the #1 guy. Together they are lethal considering we can't draft WR for shit
            That's your niche? Passive aggressiveness? You love to say "Funny how so many..."
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              I didn’t think live there was any question it was a TD—he had control of the ball going into the endzone and continued to have control as his elbow then knee hit the ground. It was only then that the defender decided to grab the ball.
              I agree it was the correct call. I guess my point is...if that defender began stripping that a half second sooner, he might have been in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

I agree it was the correct call. I guess my point is...if that defender began stripping that a half second sooner, he might have been in trouble...
                Something about the way he carries the ball when he’s running after a catch makes me nervous.

The drop on Sunday wasn’t the first bad one he’s had this year. Though Ertz dropped a lot of passes his first few years.
                Last edited by RSE; 11-19-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                  What time is that lethality scheduled to arrive? I can't wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

That's your niche? Passive aggressiveness? You love to say "Funny how so many..."
                    He's talking to me, because I think it's asinine to revisit a 30 year old's contract -- and make him the highest paid at his position in the league -- while he still has two years left on his deal and you have a second year player in the wings. I'd trade Ertz long before I'd extend him to age 35.

Comment

He thinks he could be starting for most of the teams in the league? What fucking league is that, Dallie?

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

He's talking to me, because I think it's asinine to revisit a 30 year old's contract -- and make him the highest paid at his position in the league -- while he still has two years left on his deal and you have a second year player in the wings. I'd trade Ertz long before I'd extend him to age 35.
                        Maybe, but why? Ertz's game isn't predicated on athleticism and possession TEs can play well in to their 30s. Generally speaking, I do agree with a youth movement overall.
                        Last edited by Melchior; 11-19-2019, 05:11 PM.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Maybe, but why? Ertz's game isn't predicated on athleticism and possession TEs can play well in to their 30s. Generally speaking, I do agree with a youth movement overall.
                          Assuming we actually get receivers in the offseason, we're not going to be running enough 2TE sets to justify having Goedert. He's potentially a very good TE, and we're never going to see it if he's only on the field for 25-30% of the offensive snaps. Two premium TE's is a luxury they don't need. I'd rather keep the kid on the rookie deal, get something for Ertz, and use his money elsewhere.

And I'm getting really sick of wasting high draft picks. That's what Goedert will be if he's relegated to the #2 TE behind Ertz for the rest of his time in Philly.

Comment

Assuming we actually get receivers in the offseason, we're not going to be running enough 2TE sets to justify having Goedert. He's potentially a very good TE, and we're never going to see it if he's only on the field for 25-30% of the offensive snaps. Two premium TE's is a luxury they don't need. I'd rather keep the kid on the rookie deal, get something for Ertz, and use his money elsewhere.

And I'm getting really sick of wasting high draft picks. That's what Goedert will be if he's relegated to the #2 TE behind Ertz for the rest of his time in Philly.
                            I'm a Philly Goedert fluffer. I think his ceiling will be higher than Ertz. He can be Wentz's Gronk. Of course he needs to learn ball control like all new players. Unlike Ertz, he will get you YAC.
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Have we seen a contract yet? Who says it will make him the highest paid..what if it just adds years? Not sure but Dallas has the case of the drops and almost dropped the TD catch so not sure I'd be comfortable with letting one of the best pass catching TE in the league walk and weaken yet another position that just seems assenine.
                              ​​​​​​
                              Not all players nearing 30 are toast and Ertz is far from it and it's kinda hard to have the same production as last year when he is double and triple covered when there is no other receiving threat in the team.

Aggs is ranked 124 of 124 WR and Jeffery who is known for 50 / 50 balls is less than 10% at it when compared to the league average of 40%.

Ertz getting extended is not a problem. Having shit around in every other position is like the following:

Peters is cooked and costs $$
                              Aggs sucks and costs $$
                              Sproles sucked and costed $$
                              Jeffery is a shell of himself and costs $$
                              Darby sucks and costs $$
                              Bardham while hurt isn't worth his contract
                              Jenkins is ok.but may be in the decline not sure if give up on him yet but he is borderline

​​​All of the above players are paid way too much for no production (maybe not Jenk) and we are bitching about Ertz?? Come on.

Comment

Working...
                              X