When Carson lifts the Lombardi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

That bad? Were you in a coma for that season? The worst division leader was 11-5. So was the top WC team. The 2nd WC team was 10-6. WTF?
    Green Bay had a down year, so did Seattle. Elliot was suspended, and the NFC East was garbage. Minnesota won 13 games with a journeyman playing QB. The only contested division was the South. The Saints were pretty good, but we never had to play them because they played in the only decent division in the conference and had to go on the road in the playoffs. We caught a break, because they were probably the worst matchup for us in the NFC.

At this point in the season, the Eagles were the only 9 win team in the NFC. This year there are 3. The division's better, and the conference is better. And the rest of the East isn't going to suck forever.

But if you want to hold out for the next 2017, you have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
      I’ll be bumping a shitload of threads filled with your terrible takes.
      Sayeth the King of ITYS...
      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I see it too.

They will run the table and win the East at 10-6

Play Vikings at home and win

Play the Saints on the road and win

Play the NFC Championship in Green Bay and...….TBD

Comment

That bad? Were you in a coma for that season? The worst division leader was 11-5. So was the top WC team. The 2nd WC team was 10-6. WTF?
          He’s all in. Doubling down.

Comment

Weird, because they were dominating the conference with him at QB with competent OL and WR play and far from a dominant running game. I mean, the offense was already anemic and Brooks/Lane were out. What the fuck did you expect against Seattle? He was getting wrecked with interior rushes all game.
            This is nitpicky but I think the running game was dominant in 2017. They ranked 3rd in rushing yards compared to 13th in passing yards. A few weeks ago Chris Long said on Russillo's podcast that the offense was able to do whatever it wanted in the SB because of how much NE had to respect the run.

Anyway this is yet another awful hawkalum thread. If he paid any attention he'd see that most people on here don't think Wentz is the problem. The majority of negative posts about him are just frustration posts.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

This is nitpicky but I think the running game was dominant in 2017. They ranked 3rd in rushing yards compared to 13th in passing yards. A few weeks ago Chris Long said on Russillo's podcast that the offense was able to do whatever it wanted in the SB because of how much NE had to respect the run.

Anyway this is yet another awful hawkalum thread. If he paid any attention he'd see that most people on here don't think Wentz is the problem. The majority of negative posts about him are just frustration posts.
              More nit picking, but if you remove Wentz rushing yards they would have been 16th in rushing and they were 24th in rushing touchdowns in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post

More nit picking, but if you remove Wentz rushing yards they would have been 16th in rushing and they were 24th in rushing touchdowns in 2017.
                This is true, but the only two teams that ran for more yards than the Eagles in 2017 - the Jags and Cowboys - also had QBs that ran for more yards than Wentz. If you drop the Eagles to 16th in 2017, then you're putting them behind teams like the Panthers, Bills, Chiefs, and Titans, whose QBs ran for more yards than Wentz, and teams like the Texans and Vikings whose QBs ran for fewer yards than Wentz, but were still behind the Eagles in non-QB rushing yards.

It is true that the Eagles scored very few rushing TDs in 2017, but I think that was a combination of luck (fewer than expected rushing TDs) and just how good Wentz was in the red zone (which was also unsustainable).

Comment

Working...
                X