Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s say that the issue isn’t the WRs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    I thought I'd at least get a chuckle from the bullshit coach speak ... and I get this instead.

I guess I deserve it.
    I laughed. Sorry, I should have acknowledged the laugh... got distracted by real world crap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I know... what we see in real time isn't always reality. It's one of the cool things about the game.

As sickening as that video was, I couldn't have been more relieved by it. Replacing a receivers coach is a hell of a lot easier than replacing a franchise QB you just locked up for the better part of a decade.

Plus, any "Carson sucks" posts I may have written are still technically accurate and immune to any future geighbacking.
      This. There's no question he's been exceptionally bad over the last 2 games but at the end of the day he's also made the big throws that should have won this team a couple games earlier in the season.

The Orlovsky video along with some commentary by former players (Bryce Treggs) was eye opening for me too. Thankfully this next draft is deep at receiver and it should be hard to miss if Howie takes a swing early.

What infuriates me though is how quick Doug has been to get away from the run with how bad the receivers have been. Miles Sanders barely getting any touches in back to back 2nd halves is inexcusable.

I'm worried they will only recycle position coaches and not cut the disease off at the head (Groh).

Comment

I know... what we see in real time isn't always reality. It's one of the cool things about the game.

As sickening as that video was, I couldn't have been more relieved by it. Replacing a receivers coach is a hell of a lot easier than replacing a franchise QB you just locked up for the better part of a decade.

Plus, any "Carson sucks" posts I may have written are still technically accurate and immune to any future geighbacking.
        Well, neither of us are being paid millions to professionally evaluate NFL talent so we get to say whatever we want, even to the point of being hypocritical. That's the joy of being a fan.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Foles Schmoles

The receivers are not recognizing cover 1 versus cover 2 and do not adequately react to the leverage being played by the DBs.

Additionally they are failing to execute their vertical releases.

Nor are they using proper technique when the safety opens his hips and runs to collision on an inside release, which should be countered by a speed release outside, to bait him and win back inside with a violent rip.

They also fail to high point the ball at optimum ups.

Its simple and clear as a bell.
          I didn’t laugh because you made as much sense as the 1000 guys doing “all 22” from their mom’s basement while proclaiming to be football savants. Kudos!
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Gurley hasn't been himself since late last year. Right now he's just an average back that defenses have no need to gameplan for, and Goff's weaknesses (which were always apparent) are being exposed.

In Wentz's case, we have an entire season of evidence that no receiver on this team has the first clue of where to be or what to do on any given play. At this point, coaching is looking like the most likely culprit. Carson Walch is going to be the first one pushed off the boat as soon as this season is over.
            The Patriots exposed McVay and Goff in the Super Bowl by changing their defense set up after helmet mike turned off. Now everyone does it.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

The Patriots exposed McVay and Goff in the Super Bowl by changing their defense set up after helmet mike turned off. Now everyone does it.
              Interesting you say that. I remember watching something maybe last season showing how much communication Boy Wonder and Goff had before the snap. McVay might as well have told him where to throw it.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Foles Schmoles

The receivers are not recognizing cover 1 versus cover 2 and do not adequately react to the leverage being played by the DBs.

Additionally they are failing to execute their vertical releases.

Nor are they using proper technique when the safety opens his hips and runs to collision on an inside release, which should be countered by a speed release outside, to bait him and win back inside with a violent rip.

They also fail to high point the ball at optimum ups.

Its simple and clear as a bell.
                God damn slaggo, you are soooooo fucking sexy when you talk dirty.
                "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

This timeline for the WRs in 2019 is staggering and really puts the blame squarely on Howie. I would also add to this list when they didn’t claim Josh Gordon on waivers...woulda been a low-risk/high reward situation.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-wide-receiver

Comment

I would say the risk was high enough. He was suspended indefinitely.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    This timeline for the WRs in 2019 is staggering and really puts the blame squarely on Howie. I would also add to this list when they didn’t claim Josh Gordon on waivers...woulda been a low-risk/high reward situation.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-wide-receiver
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      I would say the risk was high enough. He was suspended indefinitely.

What risk? What penalty did Seattle pay?

Comment

What risk? What penalty did Seattle pay?
                        Only risk was him not being reliable at all - a mental headcase I suppose. That being said, he has 7 receptions in 5 games since joining Seattle. We have enough of those players already not sure he would have helped lol

Edit to add: 0 TD's
                        Last edited by Spartan92; 12-16-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

After seeing some of the other games during cutaway updates, I noticed several QBs with tons of open space around them. Deshaun Watson for example. He stood back there, picked his nose, scratched his ass, called for a pizza, and still had time to fire an accurate pass. Wentz frequently looks like he has the pocket crashing down around him. It has me wondering about this O line (yeah, granted it's a patchwork now, but geez).
                          Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 12-16-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            After seeing some of the other games during cutaway updates, I noticed several QBs with tons of open space around them. Deshaun Watson for example. He stood back there, picked his nose, scratched his ass, called for a pizza, and still had time to fire an accurate pass. Wentz frequently looks like he has the pocket crashing down around him. It has me wondering about this O line (yeah, granted it's a patchwork now, but geez).
                            Good point. Seems like he is always under fire and pressure right away

Comment

What is the answer as to why Wentz is so awful right now?

The same thing is happening to Goff (even worse) and he has Cooks, Kupp, Woods and an all-pro RB.

It just makes no sense...
                              He's pressing. It will work out.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

He's pressing. It will work out.
                                EXACTLY...due to all the above, collapsing pockets and crappy receivers have given him a bit of the yips. I was yelling at him yesterday because all his throws are rockets and he needs better touch on many of his passes...til that nice throw to Greg Lewis in the endzone.

Birds need to look like a PROFESSIONAL football team for a whole SIXTY minutes next week to have any shot vs the Girlz
                                YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                                X