Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniac
    replied
    I don't disagree with any of that but until they start regularly ejecting/suspending players for targetting, it's going to continue. I don't think Pete Carroll reprimanded Clowney after the game for a dirty hit.

As is, I'm never going to be comfortable seeing my franchise QB running.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I'm not calling Wentz injury-prone. I'm saying the Eagles need him on the field to win in the playoffs.

It especially aggravates me that it was Clowney. I hope they fine the hell out of him. If not suspend him.

But it wouldn't bother me if Wentz gave up diving head first. Too many guys like Clowney around and he's a big target.
    Fair enough ... but I don't think that play is one that was a slide type of situation for a mobile QB like him.

On the play, Sanders ran into a pile of linemen while they were setting up a screen to the left and he had nobody to throw to ... so he rolled right and barely got moving toward the LOS when he was tripped up from behind and went down in what looked like a dive but was really a reaction to getting tackled ... leading to a dirty hit by Clowney who was trailing the play and didn't need to lower his head.

Could he be a total non-mobile pocket guy who, when faced with that situation doesn't move and just throws it into the ground near Sanders?

Sure ... but his game is mobility and that was just one of those situations when he was trying to extend the play ... which is part of what makes him as good as he is.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post

Really?

You too?

Well, I suppose it's predicable ... you'd look to excuse an ex-South Carolina dirty cunt of a twat in favor of blaming Wentz.
    I'm not calling Wentz injury-prone. I'm saying the Eagles need him on the field to win in the playoffs.

It especially aggravates me that it was Clowney. I hope they fine the hell out of him. If not suspend him.

But it wouldn't bother me if Wentz gave up diving head first. Too many guys like Clowney around and he's a big target.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied

Elite QB. Needs to finish a season.
    Really?

You too?

Well, I suppose it's predicable ... you'd look to excuse an ex-South Carolina dirty cunt of a twat in favor of blaming Wentz.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by DEman19904 View Post
    YET ANOTHER 8 POSTS WANGNUT AND SMEGMA.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied

HE WOULD HAVE, IF HE DIDN'T GET AN INTENTIONAL CHEAP SHOT TO PUT HIM OUT.
    SEATTLE KNEW HE WOULD BEAT THEM, SO DROP A BOMB ON WENTZ AND MOVE ON.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I just don’t.

Leave a comment:

• maggsgsr
    replied
    Carson is good to go. Despite this scumbag's dirty hit. Just looking in slow motion.. He clearly aimed his helmet at the back of Carson's head.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...gles-fans/amp/

My dude

"Philly, year 4 was one fun ride. Appreciate the love and support— especially the real ones who were with us through the highs and lows Onward to next year... big things comin', believe that! #flyeaglesfly"
    Last edited by maggsgsr; 01-07-2020, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DEman19904
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Conspiracy theory!!!! Maybe he tore his other acl? Carson is such a pussy.
    Not a pussy, but a bum.
    https://clutchpoints.com/eagles-news...ast-2-seasons/

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

What?

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Could be both. Also might not be a reinjury but a new injury to the back. The last injury was a stress fracture, no? Does anybody know which vertebrae was fractured?

Leave a comment:

• maggsgsr
    replied
    Wentz played great down the stretch. It's unfortunate he was taken out on a dirty hit. After finishing 16 games. We had a good chance of winning with our best player.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by Diggle View Post
    I think we will find out in the coming years that this hit wasn't related to a concussion, but Wentz reinjuring his back.
    Really, cause Stephen A. for as annoying as he is, has some very credible sources covering Philly sports for over 17 years and got word last night 10 minutes after Wentz left the tent that he couldn't remember what happened at the time and was wobbling back and forth. McCown said Carson turned to him and said he doesn't feel right and McCown knew to be ready as we see Carson holding his head grimacing on the sidelines. I seriously doubt he injured his back my friend.
    Last edited by Spartan92; 01-06-2020, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    I think we will find out in the coming years that this hit wasn't related to a concussion, but Wentz reinjuring his back.
    I don't

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Could be both. Also might not be a reinjury but a new injury to the back. The last injury was a stress fracture, no? Does anybody know which vertebrae was fractured?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X