X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by 1960 View Post

Joe Judge? Matt Rhule? You would think Eric Bienemy wo played in the league and has run the most creative offense in the league would be familiar.
    How does Eric Bieneny not get a job?

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    It definitely seemed like the Duce Staley interview was just to check the box.

I don’t know. If a team doesn’t hire the best head coach for the opening, that’s their funeral.

Leave a comment:

• Ground_Meat
    replied

Joe Judge? Matt Rhule? You would think Eric Bienemy wo played in the league and has run the most creative offense in the league would be familiar.
    Yes, they took them because they’re white...70% of the players (maybe higher) are black. Gimme a break...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

How about take the best candidate for your open position and not worry about race, nationality, creed, sexuality or blood type?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

How about take the best candidate for your open position and not worry about race, nationality, creed, sexuality or blood type?
    Because it seems strange that are so many reach white candidates getting jobs when black seasoned assistants don’t. The narrative was minority coaches did not get head jobs because they were not coordinators. Now that they are the jobs go to other young white guys. I am no bleeding heart but something is off.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Because they don’t take the best candidate, they take the most familiar.

Leave a comment:

• Ground_Meat
    replied
    Might be working against minority coaches getting jobs. If a team just has to check the box to interview minority coaches there is an easy out. I’m not a quota guy but something needs to be done. I also think there should be pressure on flagship franchises like the Giants and Cowboys to set an example.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Rooney rule

Rooney rule

Might be working against minority coaches getting jobs. If a team just has to check the box to interview minority coaches there is an easy out. I’m not a quota guy but something needs to be done. I also think there should be pressure on flagship franchises like the Giants and Cowboys to set an example.
Working...
X