Carmichael gets in Canton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    My father would take me to training camp at Albright. His first training cam and the first autograph I ever got.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Best news I’ve heard all week! He deserves it! Congrats!
    PS: Hoping for even BETTER news later this week.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW....

SO LIL BIRDER HANGING AT THE GAYTE, I THINK IT WAS AFTER THE VIQUEENS BEAT DOWN THE NFC TITLE GAME, AND THIS GUY TAPS HIM ON HIS SHOULDER WHILE HE'S MAKING YET ANOTHER BIG LEBOWSKI, AND SAYS EXCUSE ME, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SIGN YOUR JERSEY?

SO HE TURNS AROUND, LOOKS UP AND SMILES SAYS HELL YA!

YUP IT WAS THE FUTURE HALL OF FAMER.

BEAUTIFUL GAYTE MOMENT.

Leave a comment:

• BirdBrawn
    replied
    It's about time. Only 30 years late. Congrats Harold!

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    Never forget that Harold’s receiving streak was ended by a cheap shot from the filthy Puke Dennis Thurman.

Leave a comment:

• brotherharv
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Remember when those 2 catalogs would arrive? I'd make a beeline to the sports attire section just PRAYING there was some eagles gear available. Back then, it was hit & miss because we usually sucked ass. Nothing was more crushing than opening that section and realizing there wasn't even 1 jersey, pair of Pajamas, or shirts available. I can recall that happening at least 2x back in the day.

i remember one Christmas it happened and my mom decided to get me Houston Oiler mittens and cap because I told her Earl Campbell was a beast. Seriously, what the fuck, Mom?

EDIT: here's a perfect example. Very limited options. I had that entire bedroom set on right hand side of page 52. Also, the corkboard on page 51 as well but not the eagles. My aunt would just get me whatever b/c it was all the same to her.

Had that eagles shirt on page 58. That was sweet.

my first Carmichael was that bad bitch on page 59!

http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1979_S...ndex.html#52/z
    Only too well!! Somehow I got an Eagles clock radio for Christmas one year!! You’re right though Birds stuff few and far between, I did snag an electric football game that had all the teams, and set my play up just right only to have the players do the dizzy drills they used to do at Camp Buddy!!

Leave a comment:

• Ellsworth
    replied
    Originally posted by brotherharv View Post

Same here only mine was from Sears. And I was always Harold during pickup games, minus the athletic ability, speed, or hands, but I had the Jersey and the ball was mine..

Great F’N news!!
    Remember when those 2 catalogs would arrive? I'd make a beeline to the sports attire section just PRAYING there was some eagles gear available. Back then, it was hit & miss because we usually sucked ass. Nothing was more crushing than opening that section and realizing there wasn't even 1 jersey, pair of Pajamas, or shirts available. I can recall that happening at least 2x back in the day.

i remember one Christmas it happened and my mom decided to get me Houston Oiler mittens and cap because I told her Earl Campbell was a beast. Seriously, what the fuck, Mom?

EDIT: here's a perfect example. Very limited options. I had that entire bedroom set on right hand side of page 52. Also, the corkboard on page 51 as well but not the eagles. My aunt would just get me whatever b/c it was all the same to her.

wanted one of those jackets on page 60 so bad but nooooooo. Couldn't afford that! I got one a year or 2 later though. The sleeves would always 'crack' and the white polyester shit inside would always fall out.

Had that eagles shirt on page 58. That was sweet.

my first Carmichael was that bad bitch on page 59!

http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1979_S...ndex.html#52/z
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-15-2020, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brotherharv
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    was my first ever jersey as a kid from Mongtomery Ward catalog.

He was simply THE MACK!
    Same here only mine was from Sears. And I was always Harold during pickup games, minus the athletic ability, speed, or hands, but I had the Jersey and the ball was mine..

Great F’N news!!

Leave a comment:

• Ellsworth
    replied
    was my first ever jersey as a kid from Mongtomery Ward catalog.

He was simply THE MACK!
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-15-2020, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TRENT
    replied
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!

My all time Fav iggle, and all around great guy,,,revolutionized the way WR was played,,,Congrats to our good friend Harold!
    Last edited by TRENT; 01-15-2020, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Susquehanna Birder
    replied
    Great player, great person. Well deserved.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Best news I’ve heard all week! He deserves it! Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Joker
    started a topic Carmichael gets in Canton

Carmichael gets in Canton

Congrats to #17 long over due
Working...
X