The Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Astros

What garbage. Imagine being a Dodgers fan right now. I know it gets weird when you try to vacate things and pretend they never happened, but if there ever was an instance where it might be warranted, this is it IMO.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Give the fans some satisfaction. Get all involved parties and Thunderdome that mutha.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I actually can imagine, and always feel sour grapes saying it but the Pats cheated in the Super Bowl. I won't re-watch it but I remember a lot of screen and quick passes, and the Pats somehow knew when the blitz was coming even though JJ was known to disguise them well. 15 years and a super bowl revenge win later and I am still bitter about it - a win wouldve changed McNabb/Reid and many other legacies plus Bdawk who deserved a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
        I actually can imagine, and always feel sour grapes saying it but the Pats cheated in the Super Bowl. I won't re-watch it but I remember a lot of screen and quick passes, and the Pats somehow knew when the blitz was coming even though JJ was known to disguise them well. 15 years and a super bowl revenge win later and I am still bitter about it - a win wouldve changed McNabb/Reid and many other legacies plus Bdawk who deserved a ring.
        Amen. I was there. It was OBVIOUS. And - like you - I REFUSE to watch it again to this day. Sickening.
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post

Amen. I was there. It was OBVIOUS. And - like you - I REFUSE to watch it again to this day. Sickening.
            I was there, sitting up in the upper level watching it all unfold. Never watched the broadcast of the game.

Mr. 3D: yeah that would have changed McNabb/Reids legacy forever.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I was there, sitting up in the upper level watching it all unfold. Never watched the broadcast of the game.

Mr. 3D: yeah that would have changed McNabb/Reids legacy forever.
              We had some obnoxious, huge Bostonian next to us who was spewing the WORST (yeah, I'm a former 700 Leveler) sexually-oriented profanity at the women Eagles fans I have EVER heard. His "better half" was a Anna Nicole Smith wannabe who barely watched the game. To this day, I somewhat regret not belting that guy. (SOMEWHAT....b/c he likely would have pulverized me!).
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post

We had some obnoxious, huge Bostonian next to us who was spewing the WORST (yeah, I'm a former 700 Leveler) sexually-oriented profanity at the women Eagles fans I have EVER heard. His "better half" was a Anna Nicole Smith wannabe who barely watched the game. To this day, I somewhat regret not belting that guy. (SOMEWHAT....b/c he likely would have pulverized me!).
                Some New England fan woman was taunting me as I left the stadium with my then wife.

It was actually pretty pathetic as this was after the game was over.

My code of conduct: It's ok to root for your team. It's not ok to taunt. Usually I get along with opposing fans
                --------

Comment

Apparently the Astros players were using electronic buzzers. This story has legs.
                  https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1217911362975870983

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    Apparently the Astros players were using electronic buzzers. This story has legs.
                    https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1217911362975870983
                    The Altuve thing is bizarre. Hit the game winning homerun and first thought is "don't rip my shirt off?" Then go into dugout to change into your T shirt? May just be twitter sleuthing but it's fishy.

The Reddick picture is clearly confetti and a necklace plus he stunk that series.

Comment

And now apparently Trout uses HGH per Scott Brosius's son lol. Twitter is wild.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        What garbage. Imagine being a Dodgers fan right now. I know it gets weird when you try to vacate things and pretend they never happened, but if there ever was an instance where it might be warranted, this is it IMO.
                        I think they're ultimately going to vacate their title. This isn't going away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Vacating their title would be a huge deal. But it doesn't help that the Yankees and Dodgers are both pissed off at the Astros and MLB about this right now.

--------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Vacating their title would be a huge deal. But it doesn't help that the Yankees and Dodgers are both pissed off at the Astros and MLB about this right now.
                            I know, it's almost unimaginable. But this thing is snowballing out of control. It's one thing to know a team cheated, it's another to have viral videos of it popping up all over the place.

When my wife and daughter are sending me videos and coming to me to talk about sign stealing. this has gone to a whole new level. That's how I gauge the severity of the scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I agree that that is what should happen, but I'm getting a Spygate vibe from this. I saw Tim Kirkjean (sp?) on ESPN yesterday basically carrying Manfred's water with the "oh, he did the right thing, it's unfair to go after the players at this point, can't vacate the title...." line. Why can't you suspend every player who participated or knew about it for a year? They're not on the Astros anymore? Too bad! Social media is the x factor I guess. People have come up with pretty creative ways to get info out there.

The saddest thing I read about was Yu Darvish's wife posting a picture of their son sobbing as his father was getting shelled in game 7. People's lives were damaged.

Comment

Working...
                              X