Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should they let Peters come back in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRENT
    replied
    Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

my thoughts exactly...I don’t get it...
    think we all thought Clement and Sproles would fill a need on 3rd down and returns,,sucked the little guy had to get hurt again but thats life,,they gave him a chance to go out on his own terms, and it just didn't happen..So darren wasn't a huge risk for 1 year,,,Id like to see Corey come back 100% next year with sanders and Scott...looks like a good backfield

Leave a comment:

• The Duck
    replied
    If you could get him to agree to being the 6th lineman and accept a one year deal at 6th man money, sure. But I think somebody out there is going to give him two years at starter money. At that point, you let him go.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    I'd be ok with them signing him to a one year deal worth his market. Quality depth at that position doesn't have to be a negative thing.

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't see this as a Sproles-type move. They've needed Peters over the past two years and he's played pretty well. I don't think they should move on just because they need to get younger and they have a first invested in Dillard. Injuries are definitely a concern, but considering how common they are on the OL, I like the flexibility of having both Big V and Dillard as backups.
    Only one way he is back, league veteran minimum and the rest on incentives, Which is fine but do not destroy the cap for him again.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

By "Sproles type move" do you mean they just let him retire after he gets hurt early in the season where he was largely ineffective?
    I mean that I wouldn't see a 1-year deal for Peters as a lifetime achievement contract. I also think the injury risk associated with Peters on a deep OL is minimal, whereas it was just foolish to rely on Sproles in his mid-30s.

You guys are probably right. I just think there's a bit of a perception that Peters has already played a year or two on lifetime achievement contracts, when he's actually been good the past couple seasons.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 02-08-2020, 12:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ground_Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

By "Sproles type move" do you mean they just let him retire after he gets hurt early in the season where he was largely ineffective?
    my thoughts exactly...I don’t get it...

Leave a comment:

• BigSlizz
    replied
    I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't see this as a Sproles-type move. They've needed Peters over the past two years and he's played pretty well. I don't think they should move on just because they need to get younger and they have a first invested in Dillard. Injuries are definitely a concern, but considering how common they are on the OL, I like the flexibility of having both Big V and Dillard as backups.
    Last edited by BigSlizz; 02-07-2020, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TRENT
    replied
    thought I saw him in the pro bowl a couple weeks ago...I like dillard at LT and Peters at LG for the next season,,that would be a great left side,,Its up to Peters,,,,because

He made the pro bowl as a tackle,,,in his mind,,he's a probowler...so we will see what happens
    Last edited by TRENT; 02-07-2020, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ground_Meat
    replied
    No. They need to learn from their mistakes...they’ve signed too many guys that they shoulda let walk / cut. JP is an all-time great, but we drafted Dillard and it’s time for him to take over.

Leave a comment:

• ishimonster
    replied
    He wants to start and it's time for him to move on - especially at the salary he would want. Respect the hell out of him and he's a future HOF'er but you don't draft a 1st round pick for him to ride the bench the first 2 years of his career. Even in his decline JP is still playing at a pretty high level but his problem is injuries and reliability. Dillard may as well get the starter reps in game and in practice if JP is just going to come out in the first half in a quarter or more of games.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Big V isn't staying.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    started a topic Should they let Peters come back in 2020?

Should they let Peters come back in 2020?

Working...
X