X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royal
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    Morons complaining that "simmons was the obvious pick". And that "Kenneth simmons will be in the hof'...LOL. If Howie is wrong and this Dillard smoke turns out to be fire... It should be the nail in Howie's broom closet .
    ​​​
    Kenneth Simmons?

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Since it’s extremely likely there won’t even be college football this fall how can you predict a loaded draft class next year?
    Well in the case of there being no draft next year i will say that Howie fucked up not trading next year's first. There's going to be a draft next year one way or another and it's going to be loaded again. Extremely likely no ncaafb.. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-24-2020, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ellsworth
    replied

Let's revisit that next year when an even more loaded class is there. It would have been insane to give up a future 1 to move up from 21 to 16. They needed to package this year's 2 most likely and even then, you don't know if atl was even open to trading back. I'm not trying to defend Roseman's track record but they need to get younger.
    Since it’s extremely likely there won’t even be college football this fall how can you predict a loaded draft class next year?

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

If Roseman is still running the draft next year I’m fine with giving up a future 1.

first round Picks since 2014:

marcus Smith
    Agholar
    Wentz
    Barnett
    traded to Baltimore to take Lamar Jackson
    Dillard

One star. Rest are not worth their sections. Jury out in Dillard is best you can say about him right now.
    Let's revisit that next year when an even more loaded class is there. It would have been insane to give up a future 1 to move up from 21 to 16. They needed to package this year's 2 most likely and even then, you don't know if atl was even open to trading back. I'm not trying to defend Roseman's track record but they need to get younger.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-24-2020, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CbEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

3.22?? Wow, he’s the fastest human to ever live!!
    Yeah a typing wizard in the morning

Leave a comment:

• Ellsworth
    replied
    I wouldn't be in love with giving up next year's one
    If Roseman is still running the draft next year I’m fine with giving up a future 1.

first round Picks since 2014:

marcus Smith
    Agholar
    Wentz
    Barnett
    traded to Baltimore to take Lamar Jackson
    Dillard

One star. Rest are not worth their sections. Jury out in Dillard is best you can say about him right now.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied

Offer Atlanta your 1 and 2021 first for Lamb to move up. Atlanta accepts that offer for sure. No brainer. I just cannot believe they allowed Lamb to fall into Dallas’ laps.
    Per the draft value chart, they would have needed to give up a pick around #78 to move up from #21 to #16. They could have given up a second rounder and it would have been more than enough.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    I wouldn't be in love with giving up next year's one

Leave a comment:

• Ellsworth
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

And it just seems to me that the Eagles have a tradition of “I’m smarter than everyone else” picks. And when they do that, they are invariably wrong. Howie, while he has traded and worked the cap well, hasn’t shown himself to be a genius on draft day.

I will go on record as saying he should have traded up for CeCe. My favorite receiver was Jeudy, but understand the trade up challenge to get him.
    Offer Atlanta your 1 and 2021 first for Lamb to move up. Atlanta accepts that offer for sure. No brainer. I just cannot believe they allowed Lamb to fall into Dallas’ laps.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied

I don’t understand not trading with Atlanta to get up for Lamb. They could’ve gotten their guy at 21.

him falling into Dallas’ lap makes me fucking sick. Literally.
    Howie had months to figure that out. Everyone knew there was a 'Top 3' and getting past Denver was a possibility. Atlanta was always that team to target. This team needs several wideouts and he started the draft with #2 upside. Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Ellsworth
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post

I am not that big of a Jefferson guy. He is almost exclusively a slot receiver, and he played in a five receiver spread offense with a qb who threw dimes all season long. I’d say Reagor’s upside is higher than Jefferson’s.

If Higgins is still there at 21 they have to take him. He is a sure thing, a Jeffrey clone.
    So you mean Higgins at 53?

I don’t understand not trading with Atlanta to get up for Lamb. They could’ve gotten their guy at 21.

him falling into Dallas’ lap makes me fucking sick. Literally.

at least my coffee is almost as hot as Kay Adams this morning.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-24-2020, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    I just don't see this player being worthy of going in the first round. They're already making excuses about his 40 time. They're already blaming his lack of numbers on his quarterback. This is a second-round talent. This team needed to get a #1 receiver and I don't see it with kid. His upside is a #2. If you want another DJax, you draft that player in the second round like you did then. I still have zero faith in Howie identifying wideout talent. Zero.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfpack
    replied
    i loathe the 40 Time bullshit. He plays fast on tape. He is obviously a outside guy. Maybe weidl is convinced Jefferson is a 3 only and not outside guy.

just don’t understand staying at 21 and taking him. Do not believe he wouldn’t be available at 24/25. Trade back. Get a pick. I would have taken Jefferson or Aiyuk for sure over him for the record. Love Aiyuk.

roseman’s explanations on talking to other teams and they’d take him is ridiculous.

my initial reaction last night also biased because I feel Roseman is always going to fuck up WR. Because he does every single time he takes one. This organization as a whole is as bad as it gets identifying talent at the position.

RSE is right: this will be be Howie’s hill to live or die on.
    And it just seems to me that the Eagles have a tradition of “I’m smarter than everyone else” picks. And when they do that, they are invariably wrong. Howie, while he has traded and worked the cap well, hasn’t shown himself to be a genius on draft day.

I will go on record as saying he should have traded up for CeCe. My favorite receiver was Jeudy, but understand the trade up challenge to get him.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    RSE is right: this will be be Howie’s hill to live or die on.
    I am not that big of a Jefferson guy. He is almost exclusively a slot receiver, and he played in a five receiver spread offense with a qb who threw dimes all season long. I’d say Reagor’s upside is higher than Jefferson’s.

If Higgins is still there at 21 they have to take him. He is a sure thing, a Jeffrey clone.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied
    Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
    Yep. And let's be honest about 40 times. People get too hung up on them. 4.22 vs 4.47 is less than the blink of an eye, and times are measured in artificial conditions and can be variable as hell. It's hardly the only consideration in selecting a player. This guy also has an impressive vertical jump, and he can separate and get YACs. We won't know his actual value until he shows us in real life.
    I was impressed with his vertical also after looking at him a little bit. Still would have preferred Jefferson, but Reagor certainly brings things to the table. Not going to kill Howie over not trading up. Who knows what Atlanta was asking for or if they were willing to trade the pick at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X