Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many more seasons will Wentz be the QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think the trend might be moving toward having your 2nd QB contribute to the offense with the starter. With the season getting longer teams are going to invest more in the 2nd QB to hedge so they will have packages to get value even when they are not starting. I can see a lot of red zone work for Hurts.

Comment

Who else really gives a shit about their backup that much that they would burn a second round pick on one? If you want to copy the Saints offense, fuck Taysom Hill, draft a real wide receiver and get another quality running back. That makes more sense.

Do you know what keeps your QB healthy? Surround him with talent. Get him wide receivers that can actually get open as opposed to having him running around trying to make something happen. Instead this moron decides to draft a QB that only knows how to perform under that disarray. I'm confident most people don't even know the backups of the teams with great QBs. Howie had one job to do this offseason and he shit the bed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt leading up to the draft when he sat out in free agency but this draft just cost this team the division this year.
      Last edited by Snakebitten; 04-25-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

No matter how you look at it, the front office are morons. Either giving Wentz 100+ mil or drafting his backup/replacement in the 2nd.

Wentz hasnt been great since the SB year and he's been hurt alot. After seeing his faux leader bs in All Or None, I am very welcoming of Hurts. Wentz era coming to an end every shortly
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Now Diggle, I get that this weekend was a disaster but you really don't believe this. You've seen what Wentz can do. You've also watched Hurts in college and know what he can do. This is all about surrounding Wentz with the right players. When Wentz had decent talent around him he excelled. Howie just doesn't know how to do it. Howie is the problem. He's shown he can't draft wideouts. His ego is too big to ask for help.

As I've mentioned ad nauseam regarding New England's blueprint, they needed to get him a good offensive line (check), a good tight end (check), two reliable receivers (nope), and a running back by committee behind him (nope). Both times Wentz got hurt was because he had tried to make something happen because the receivers weren't getting open. The reason Dallas will win the division is because they propped up an average quarterback with weapons. Wentz got JJ Arcega Whiteside. I'm not asking for DeAndre Hopkins. They just need to bring in guys that can catch the ball. New England has Tom Brady downshift to another gear every December and lean on their running game. Having only Miles Sanders is playing with fire. This team relies too much on the QB and Hurts doesn't have the skillset to carry a team in the NFL. I do not want to relive the Vick era again.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            No matter how you look at it, the front office are morons. Either giving Wentz 100+ mil or drafting his backup/replacement in the 2nd.

Wentz hasnt been great since the SB year and he's been hurt alot. After seeing his faux leader bs in All Or None, I am very welcoming of Hurts. Wentz era coming to an end every shortly
            That's your basis? He yells "LETS GO" too much in an Amazon production?

Tom Brady acted like a relentless asshole in just about every clip I saw of him on the sideline but they still won because he makes the throws.

Wentz won close games with shit as his targets and shit on the back end of his defense with the playoffs on the line in the last four games of the season.

I'm thinking players will forgive something of a too "aw shucks" personna if he keeps doing it.

But hatas gonna hate.
            Last edited by slag; 04-27-2020, 08:51 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              Who else really gives a shit about their backup that much that they would burn a second round pick on one? If you want to copy the Saints offense, fuck Taysom Hill, draft a real wide receiver and get another quality running back. That makes more sense.

Do you know what keeps your QB healthy? Surround him with talent. Get him wide receivers that can actually get open as opposed to having him running around trying to make something happen. Instead this moron decides to draft a QB that only knows how to perform under that disarray. I'm confident most people don't even know the backups of the teams with great QBs. Howie had one job to do this offseason and he shit the bed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt leading up to the draft when he sat out in free agency but this draft just cost this team the division this year.
              WELL SAID.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

We sometimes as a fan base focus on the wrong qualities of a quarterback. We will overlook at quarterback playing a game through a broken ankle, back, or knee and rip him for doing weird shit like playing air guitar, bible thumping, or saying strange things. Sometimes I find myself going off course and have to reel myself back in. All I know is there's a reason quarterback-needy teams didn't select him. We will never know how far he would have dropped but I'm confident with his weaknesses it would have been pretty significant.

All I know is if the QB Factory can't work with Wentz's talent, they need turn it into a Starbucks or Smashburger.

Comment

As I've mentioned ad nauseam regarding New England's blueprint, they needed to get him a good offensive line (check), a good tight end (check), two reliable receivers (nope), and a running back by committee behind him (nope). Both times Wentz got hurt was because he had tried to make something happen because the receivers weren't getting open. The reason Dallas will win the division is because they propped up an average quarterback with weapons. Wentz got JJ Arcega Whiteside. I'm not asking for DeAndre Hopkins. They just need to bring in guys that can catch the ball. New England has Tom Brady downshift to another gear every December and lean on their running game. Having only Miles Sanders is playing with fire. This team relies too much on the QB and Hurts doesn't have the skillset to carry a team in the NFL. I do not want to relive the Vick era again.
                  I'm not sure how being good everywhere is a New England blueprint. They've also had plenty of seasons with a featured RB, average-at-best receivers, and/or no real TE. Their blueprint on offense is really just having the best QB ever.

Not that I blame Wentz for getting hurt, but he did have all of those things in place when he got hurt in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

Wentz is definitely a false prophet. You can’t tell me these dudes respond to him. When he gets free and completes a pass, yes it’s great — but Hurts could do that too. As far as him meshing with his coworkers? No. Too silly. Too clean.
                    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

10 years
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I'm not sure how being good everywhere is a New England blueprint. They've also had plenty of seasons with a featured RB, average-at-best receivers, and/or no real TE. Their blueprint on offense is really just having the best QB ever.

Not that I blame Wentz for getting hurt, but he did have all of those things in place when he got hurt in 2017.
                        When I say 'good', I mean 'competent'. I'm not asking for just great players. History shows NE ran a running back by committee the majority of their dynasty. They've always been known for that. That's just a fact. That's why teams are devaluing the running back position. I'm sure you noticed while going through my previous posts that I've been saying it for years. I'm the one who said I'm glad Dallas drafted Zeke instead of Ramsey and Henry in the second. I think I may have gotten ripped for that at the time. I'm not going to check. If you think NE had no real TE through most the dynasty, I think I will never win this argument.

The closest the Eagles ever followed their blueprint was when they won the Super Bowl. That's not my opinion, it's a fact. It's safe to say KC and SF (offensively) ran a similar offense.

If you build a team the right way, you don't need Tom Brady to win. You also don't need to sign a DeAndre Hopkins. When you look at the Patriots draft history, they were loaded with solid picks. Not all future hall-of-famers. Solid.

Once again, if they can't fix Wentz, they can't fix anyone..

Comment

When I say 'good', I mean 'competent'. I'm not asking for just great players. History shows NE ran a running back by committee the majority of their dynasty. They've always been known for that. That's just a fact. That's why teams are devaluing the running back position. I'm sure you noticed while going through my previous posts that I've been saying it for years. I'm the one who said I'm glad Dallas drafted Zeke instead of Ramsey and Henry in the second. I think I may have gotten ripped for that at the time. I'm not going to check. If you think NE had no real TE through most the dynasty, I think I will never win this argument.

The closest the Eagles ever followed their blueprint was when they won the Super Bowl. That's not my opinion, it's a fact. It's safe to say KC and SF (offensively) ran a similar offense.

If you build a team the right way, you don't need Tom Brady to win. You also don't need to sign a DeAndre Hopkins. When you look at the Patriots draft history, they were loaded with solid picks. Not all future hall-of-famers. Solid.

Once again, if they can't fix Wentz, they can't fix anyone..
                          I wanna preface this by saying I’m frustrated by the same things you are (we spoke before the draft and I mentioned I wanted the Eagles to trade up for Lamb because going with the top guy would provide the lowest chances of fucking this up).

With that being said, what you and I both wanted doesn’t really align with the Patriot philosophy. The Pats took a safety projected to go in the 4th round with their first pick this year. We complain about Howie taking JJAW over Metcalf in the 2nd last year when Belichick took a guy in the first round who’s arguably been equally as unproductive as JJAW. The Pats rarely/never draft household names, while the Cowboys consistently do that and to your point, it works out for the Pats because although they don’t go for the big name/sexy picks, the guys they draft turn out to be relatively competent.

While Howie is clearly not the talent evaluator Bill is, who’s to say that can’t be the case for JJAW/corps and Boston Scott/Sanders?

Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

I want to make something clear. When I say 'Patriots Blueprint', I'm talking about what made them a dynasty. What they are doing now is not what I mean and I'm not going to discard their past because something has changed their thought process today. You can check the draft history in the past and you'll see a significant disparity with selections.

At the end of the day, Howie had a chance to give his franchise quarterback several weapons in a draft that everyone knew was loaded. Instead, the guy who can't draft wideouts decided to wait until the fifth and seventh round to load up. When GMs are making those types of decisions, it's a good time for them to get negative feedback.

Comment

At the end of the day, Howie had a chance to give his franchise quarterback several weapons in a draft that everyone knew was loaded. Instead, the guy who can't draft wideouts decided to wait until the fifth and seventh round to load up. When GMs are making those types of decisions, it's a good time for them to get negative feedback.
                              There is no disputing that they could've helped Wentz with the pick they instead used to get Hurts. however, they drafted a WR in the first and then picked up 3 burners later hoping one of them can stick - none of those guys need to be a #1 just a ceiling of 2017 Agholar.

Last year they spent their first 3 picks on the left tackle of the future, Miles Sanders, and JJAg. Hitting on picks is another story, and god forbid guys stay healthy - but I think they have done right by Wentz in terms of trying to add weapons/help.

Comment

So through free agency and the draft, they got Carson an outside vertical receiver in the draft, a broken down outside vertical receiver through a trade and a bunch of practice squad receivers? They most likely won't get an additional possession or slot receiver when the season starts. If DeSean stays healthy, what will this group actually contribute? I'm not trying to be a smart ass. It just doesn't add up for me. Jeffery is most likely not going to be contributing like he has in the past and probably won't even be playing right away. Am I supposed to believe the guy who can't identify receiver talent is going to find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds? You're a lot more optimistic than me. Let's not forget he still has a hole in the backfield. You can't just have Sanders back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X