Baldinger had a good interview on Joe and Jon's show yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldinger had a good interview on Joe and Jon's show yesterday

he's not a fan of their (our) first 3 picks. His gut instinct was it was a draft run more by the Analytics dept than football guys/Scouts.

worth a listen.

edit: here’s the link (I think)

https://www.radio.com/media/podcast/...ra-jon-ritchie
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-29-2020, 09:44 AM.

Imagine screwing up your first three picks when history shows you suck in most picks after the third round? All he really accomplished was pissing off his franchise quarterback. There's a very good chance he just had a draft that will contribute no more than 400-500 receiving yards and some gadget plays that fucks up his quarterback's rhythm. Very impressive.

Comment

Sheil asked a good question in his piece today on The Athletic -- are the Chiefs using a 2 for a backup to Mahomes? no way.

no matter how Roseman tries to spin this Hurts pick its clear to me the eagles are no longer 100% sold on Wentz being their guy for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        no matter how Roseman tries to spin this Hurts pick its clear to me the eagles are no longer 100% sold on Wentz being their guy for 10 years.
        Should they be though? I will preface this by saying I do not like the pick and think Carson's injury proneness is over blown but he has suffered 2 season ending injuries and a bad concussion that knocked him out of a playoff game in the last 3 years. With the way players are retiring early these days due to what we know about the toll football takes on the human body long term maybe they do have reason to wonder if Carson will be playing football 5-10 years from now.

Edit to add: I do not think Jalen Hurts is the right guy at the right time for the job. Howie fucked this all up.
        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 04-29-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

One QB had wideouts, the other one didn't. The QB Factory can't work with Wentz? They really can't figure out a way to surround him with wideouts that can get open? I'm sure Hurts won't have any issues. Sickening.

2019 stats
          14 games, 65% completion percentage, 4,301 yards, 26 TDs and 5 interceptions, 218 rushing yards
          16 games, 64% completion percentage, 4,039 yards, 27 TDs and 7 interceptions. 243 rushing yards
          Last edited by Snakebitten; 04-29-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

Should they be though? I will preface this by saying I do not like the pick and think Carson's injury proneness is over blown but he has suffered 2 season ending injuries and a bad concussion that knocked him out of a playoff game in the last 3 years. With the way players are retiring early these days due to what we know about the toll football takes on the human body long term maybe they do have reason to wonder if Carson will be playing football 5-10 years from now.

Edit to add: I do not think Jalen Hurts is the right guy at the right time for the job. Howie fucked this all up.
            wentz played all 16 games last year and only went out on a blatant cheap shot. But, honestly, he was so bad at times up until the December run I was calling for his benching during some of those miserable stretches he had. Some was the WR's but a lot of it was him (bad throws, air mailing passes, terrible mechanics). his health definitely played a role in this but that's just one component. it's not just 1 thing. It's likely the entire makeup (play, do guys really not like him?, etc)

this year is gonna be huge for him. provided there even is a season that is.

i agree on Hurts and made a post about that over the weekend I believe. I don't understand what people see in him. He is not Russell Wilson now nor do I expect him to be. If he is a legit pro QB i will be surprised. feel he's more likely to be a career backup than a legit QB1. So, on top of using a 2 you used it on a guy who I really do not think that highly of. But, what do I know?
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-29-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

So analytics are more important than chemistry and the Eagles are now the NFL equivalent of Coconuts spinning different lineups every week based on when some .205 hitter goes up to .343 on full moon Tuesdays, instead of establishing chemistry with a set lineup?

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                So analytics are more important than chemistry and the Eagles are now the NFL equivalent of Coconuts spinning different lineups every week based on when some .205 hitter goes up to .343 on full moon Tuesdays, instead of establishing chemistry with a set lineup?
                i love Roseman mentioning the congratulatory text messages he receives from other teams as validation for his picks.
                It's a miracle 2017 ever happened with him in the building.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-29-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

wentz played all 16 games last year and only went out on a blatant cheap shot. But, honestly, he was so bad at times up until the December run I was calling for his benching during some of those miserable stretches he had. Some was the WR's but a lot of it was him (bad throws, air mailing passes, terrible mechanics). his health definitely played a role in this but that's just one component. it's not just 1 thing. It's likely the entire makeup (play, do guys really not like him?, etc)

i agree on Hurts and made a post about that over the weekend I believe. I don't understand what people see in him. He is not Russell Wilson now nor do I expect him to be. If he is a legit pro QB i will be surprised. feel he's more likely to be a career backup than a legit QB1. So, on top of using a 2 you used it on a guy who I really do not think that highly of. But, what do I know?
                  I think Hurts’s ceiling is Josh Allen and his floor is EJ Manuel.

Comment

I think the awful WR play was in his head. To my uneducated eye, it looks like he was trying to place his throws, rather than just slinging it. Once Agholor and Alshon were out of the lineup, it looked like he started just letting it rip.

Comment

i love Roseman mentioning the congratulatory text messages he receives from other teams as validation for his picks.

Yeah, the Skins, Boys, and Giants sent those.

Comment

I can't get on board with this kind of Howie hate - now we've reached territory of saying 2017 was in spite of him? It is a miracle that Howie constructed a super bowl winning team just 2 years after the Chip Kelly debacle.

I am not fond of this year's draft class on paper either, and "QB factory" makes my skin crawl too - but some of the knee jerk reactions around here are just silly.

Comment

I agree a lot with Baldi said, but to be fair the guy LOVED the JJAW pick after last year’s draft.
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Sheil asked a good question in his piece today on The Athletic -- are the Chiefs using a 2 for a backup to Mahomes? no way.

No but they did draft Mahomes when they had Alex Smith and that is what this is. Wentz will be gone within two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                              I agree a lot with Baldi said, but to be fair the guy LOVED the JJAW pick after last year’s draft.
                              Who cares what Baldy says? The guy's a Cowboy at heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X